Churchill's latest - M's don't want to trade Jones?

JTrea81

well we lost guillen yes but most of us think that we over-achieved last year - that the 88 wins was more smoke/mirrors than the truth of our team. I think Jones only does something like 15/75 this year. He is still for all purposes a rookie - he won't come out of the gate hitting 25/100 like he'll max out around. So our offense comes down a bit and our pitching is still average at best. Since our offensive woes cannot be fixed this year we need better pitching if we hope to repeat last years performance.

As per the trade - the one poster was right when he said thats too much to give up for Bedard. I would not like that trade - i'd be willing to give up Jones/Sherrill/Tillman for him and be happy with that. I'd even be willing to just go Jones/Morrow for Bedard and have that be it. I'd prefer Triunfel stay out of the deal and if Jones/Tillman are in the deal I see no reason for Triunfel to be there at all. Tillman should be pretty good in a few years time.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well we lost guillen yes but most of us think that we over-achieved last year - that the 88 wins was more smoke/mirrors than the truth of our team. I think Jones only does something like 15/75 this year. He is still for all purposes a rookie - he won't come out of the gate hitting 25/100 like he'll max out around. So our offense comes down a bit and our pitching is still average at best. Since our offensive woes cannot be fixed this year we need better pitching if we hope to repeat last years performance.

As per the trade - the one poster was right when he said thats too much to give up for Bedard. I would not like that trade - i'd be willing to give up Jones/Sherrill/Tillman for him and be happy with that. I'd even be willing to just go Jones/Morrow for Bedard and have that be it. I'd prefer Triunfel stay out of the deal and if Jones/Tillman are in the deal I see no reason for Triunfel to be there at all. Tillman should be pretty good in a few years time.

Wow...a fan from another team thats seems to know a thing or two about a fair trade. I agree with everything you say. Even if the deal were just Jones and Morrow, I would say pull the trigger. I know there is no way that we could get Jones, Morrow, and Clement or Jones, Clement, Tillman, and Truinfel. But there are so many different packages that would be fair to both teams, it is extremely confusing to me as to why nothing has happened yet. The pieces are there...let's get this thing done. By the way, welcome to our board man.

OK ... But what do you think about

Jones, Clement, Tillman, & Chen

The way I see it we wouldn't be touching your pitching & pen. I dont think Clement or even Jones would be starting & Chen is blocked by your current 2B.

Do you think your guys have any interest in Bradford ,Walker, Huff, Millar or Payton?

you may find this funny but assuming Jones goes - the only guy i want to keep out of the remaining 3 is Chen. If Lopez tanks again this year he's pretty much out and I think this Chen kid has a pretty good shot at replacing him if that happens so i'm reluctant to ship him off but if Chen was the deal breaker then i'd send him along. I personally couldn't care about Clement and Tillman although he'll be good - something good has to go in order to make this deal work for the O's. I'd rather even sub Sherrill in for Chen. The problem is i'm not sure our FO gives Chen the job down the road - they would most likely do what they always do and that's waste 3-4 mill of our available money to put a vet 2B in there.

What exactly are the Mariners willing to give up and what is the least AM and the Orioles willing to take for Bedard?

I would love to know these answers.

Seems to me that Jones and Sherrill would need to be in the deal.

So, do the Orioles need 2 of Tillman, Triunfel and Clement or would they accept 1 of them and take a Chen like guy for the 4th player?

Archived