Twins Nearing Signing Ricky Nolasco

Greg

How can the Twins afford to sign someone like this but the Orioles can't?

Just because you can afford to sign someone doesn't mean you should. Nolasco is, basically, a little better than Scott Feldman. Would you be willing to give Scott Feldman 4 years? I wouldn't, and I'm one of those people who doesn't get the dislike of Feldman. Nolasco is basically a #4 starter most seasons, maybe a #3 type on a good day. The Twins were terrible pitching wise last season, and while Nolasco will help, he's not an ace, and they basically threw most of their offseason resources at one guy. They could afford him, but even with Morneau gone, they might not be able to afford much else.

Twins as they have to spend 23 million this offseason just to not reduce their overall payroll again. They have been shedding salary for two years now from a high of 113 million in 2011 to 100 million in 2012 and 83 million in 2013 with the obligations for 2014 only being just under 60 million before Nolasco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twins as they have to spend 23 million this offseason just to not reduce their overall payroll again. They have been shedding salary for two years now from a high of 113 million in 2011 to 100 million in 2012 and 83 million in 2013 with the obligations for 2014 only being just under 60 million before Nolasco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't ask who was going to increase payroll by the most which appearances to the the question you answered.

You think Minn will have a higher opening day payroll then the O's?

Archived