Samardzija for Wieters? Roch dreaming of Samardzija throwing to Saltalamacchia for Orioles

Roll Tide

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would we trade a guy who we "can't afford" with 2 years left, for a pitcher that we know will NEVER get paid from this organization with 2 years left?

Especially when the player coming back, could get much more money overall?

I agree. However, I think the Orioles would pay Wieters what he's worth. Just not 100 plus million. I do agree on Samardzija. The Orioles will never hand out a 5/60m deal on a pitcher. Thats what it will take imo.

Doesn't Jef Samardzija have like a 4.30 career ERA? No thanks - not sure why we trade a very good defensive catcher with power for an average SP...we have average starting pitchers in spades.

:agree:

Why give up Bundy or Gausman for 2 years of Samardzija, when we can just sign Felman, Arroyo, or maybe even Burnett (if he decides not to retire)?

Bundy doesn't have a "small frame". Bundy isn't tall.

Not tall does not mean small framed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWmrgbIJrYUODpvJfbCabCfDoiQyZRPaL3fEWyJdrjT3GgTMOqnA

I promise you. Bundy will not be traded before his rehab is complete and he has shown recovery. The sell low on Bundy will be after he has failed as a prospect, not before.

I wasn't that impressed when he got a cup of coffee in the majors. Maybe he was hurt then, but he didn't show close to the stuff Gausman has.

This is comical. Gausman shows 97-99. Bundy came up throwing 93-96 with a power curve, and god change up and a cut fastball/slider and you are comparing him to Gausman saying you weren't impressed??

Not many pitchers can come up and show what Gausman did.

This is comical. Gausman shows 97-99. Bundy came up throwing 93-96 with a power curve, and god change up and a cut fastball/slider and you are comparing him to Gausman saying you weren't impressed??

scOtt and I saw Bundy in his first start in Frederick. justD and I saw him face the Red Sox in Fort Myers. Before he was hurt. He was darned good.

I don't see this situation as being a choice between Bundy and Gausman. Bundy and Gausman are our top two prospects. Trading either for 2 years of Samardzija would be a mistake, IMO.

Please show me where Bundy pitched in an MLB game throwing 96 mph? It didn't happen I recollect. I recall him throwing low 90's maximum and even upper 80's.

Please show me where Bundy pitched in an MLB game throwing 96 mph? It didn't happen I recollect. I recall him throwing low 90's maximum and even upper 80's.

How about 95?

The Orioles' first-round pick in last year's Draft and considered one of baseball's best prospects, Bundy threw a fastball that topped out at 95 mph, and to Valencia he threw a pair of sliders -- which looked, perhaps, like his banned cutter pitch.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120923&content_id=38911926&vkey=news_bal&c_id=bal

Maybe he hit 96 in his second appearance.

Here we go, pitch FX for both appearances.

http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.aspx?playerid=12917&position=P

91.5-95.3 MPH on the fastball which makes Micky's recollection a lot more accurate then yours.

Archived