Johnson may be traded per Rosenthal (Update: Johnson trade to A's for Weeks)

andrewrickli

Do some of you guys seriously think we might get Kemp back for JJ? Maybe I'm totally out of touch but that seems like a pipe dream. I know Kemp had a down year but the Dodgers fanbase would riot if they traded him for Jim Johnson.

I completely agree. However, I want to share what I have with you guys. I think most appreciate it.

I certainly appreciate the info but please don't turn into one of these "take my ball and go home" insiders that we've had come and go over the past few years. Some people are going to doubt you, some people will refuse to believe anything you say. It comes with the territory of claiming insider knowledge. So far you've been pretty accurate and I definitely value your contributions to the board but don't let a few "haters" expressing their doubts bring you down.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was told this morning that the Orioles are trying to trade Johnson before the meetings. Looks like it will be with the dodgers.

Everything you just said was by Ken. Please stop acting like you have inside info. Thanks

I was told this morning that the Orioles are trying to trade Johnson before the meetings. Looks like it will be with the dodgers.

Why didn't you make a thread about this before Ken Posted it?

Everything you just said was by Ken. Please stop acting like you have inside info. Thanks

Do you know me or the inside info I have already brought to the Hangout. I do have info and everyone who has witnessed it can vouch for me.

Please stop acting like you know what I do and don't have.

Here's Andre Ethier's contract:

2014: $15.5M

2015: $18M

2016: $18M

2017: $17.5M

2018: $17.5M Vesting Option, $2.5M buyout (Option vests if Ethier has 550 PAs in 2017 or 1100 PAs combined in 2016-2017)

I'd like to have Ethier on the team. But I'm only taking him back if the Dodgers pay A LOT of that salary, because having a likely declining 2-win OFer for five years and ~17M a year seems a lot worse financially than having a closer for ~10M but just one year.

I'd need at least 30M coming back.

Notice how Ken Rosenthat said that we are the ones desperately trying to trade Johnson, not the other way around. The biggest thing we will get out of this deal is financial relief; that's why we are trading him. Don't expect a great haul in return. This isn't MacPhail doing this trade.

Why didn't you make a thread about this before Ken Posted it?

I answered that question in a previous post. I wanted Ken to confirm it so I didn't get blasted on here, but you have already blasted me.

I posted all of our GGs, Silver Sluggers, the MVP voting, and the Kazmir deal

Notice how Ken Rosenthat said that we are the ones desperately trying to trade Johnson' date=' not the other way around. The biggest thing we will get out of this deal is financial relief; that's why we are trading him. Don't expect a great haul in return. This isn't MacPhail doing this trade.[/quote']

True, but Rosenthal isn't getting his stuff from Peter either. It isn't like Ken and the Orioles have a warm fuzzy history. I like Rosenthal, but it definitely takes his jabs at the Orioles (not blaming him, just making the point).

True, but Rosenthal isn't getting his stuff from Peter either. It isn't like Ken and the Orioles have a warm fuzzy history. I like Rosenthal, but it definitely takes his jabs at the Orioles (not blaming him, just making the point).

He is a realist and knows how PA is.

Archived