Nelson Cruz ?

Greg

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Cafardo a Boston writer was on the phone tonight on mlb network and said the Sox were talking about a deal for Matt Kemp of the Dodgers. He also said he heard Boston's top offer to Ellsbury was 5 years and $100 million. I'm surprised they would offer him that much money. Of course Scott Boras negotiates another huge crazy signing for one of his players.

Nick Cafardo a Boston writer was on the phone tonight on mlb network and said the Sox were talking about a deal for Matt Kemp of the Dodgers. He also said he heard Boston's top offer to Ellsbury was 5 years and $100 million. I'm surprised they would offer him that much money. Of course Scott Boras negotiates another huge crazy signing for one of his players.

It makes you wonder what Jones would have gotten if he had gone to free agency.

Like others are saying, I don't think the O's are seriously in on Cruz. It smells like an agent saw the O's clear $10 million in payroll and wanted to put some doubt in the minds of interested teams so they increase their offers.

Maybe. Just wanted to show I didn't pull it out of my you know what. I read his name mentioned before. Honestly, I don't care if he did. Heck of a player and I enjoyed watching him as an Oriole.

But you did pull it out of your ***. Just like every other rumored name out there. You either failed then test or you didn't. Previous years before the test are just rumors which can't be proven true. So throwing names around when you have no actually evidence is pulling it out.....

Chris Davis was/is rumored to be using. Is it true? No.. he's passed the test several times. But again rumors aren't fact.

It makes you wonder what Jones would have gotten if he had gone to free agency.

Like others are saying, I don't think the O's are seriously in on Cruz. It smells like an agent saw the O's clear $10 million in payroll and wanted to put some doubt in the minds of interested teams so they increase their offers.

Could be, though, after Dan's comments this morning I can't imagine why anyone would think we were going to be in on any FA that wasn't from the bargain bin.

They could get Corey Hart, Jason Kubel AND Justin Morneau for the price tag Cruz is asking and at least one of those guys will pan out.

Rockies sign morneau. As usual the orioles are waiting around doing nothing, settling for table scraps that fit our budget.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jim Johnson trade was an obvious salary dump for Baltimore. Source said Orioles could be using money to pursue outfielder Nelson Cruz.</p>? Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="
">December 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Personally I would give more then a 1 year deal to some of these PED users, After the STL backlash on the Peralta Deal I think clubs are going to be weary....

The only way I'd be happy signing Nelson Cruz would be to a 1-2 year deal at $7m/year. He's great for fantasy baseball but my goodness is he overrated. He's terrible defensively and is entirely league average at getting on base.

I would refuse to pay someone as much as $15m/year for a career .228 ISO from a 33-year-old.

Archived