Orioles in on Mujica and Axford per Rickli ( Rickli is also Mikeyice)

andrewrickli

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to have both of them. I wonder if Axford might be interested in a one-year deal to boost his value back up.

Mujica/O'Day/Axford/Hunter/Matusz/Patton looks like a very good bullpen to me if they do somehow net both, though I'm guessing getting the two together is pretty unlikely.

We now know that Rickli is a trusted source seeing as both Heyman and Rosenthal have name dropped him. He may have once been a OH problem child, but he's big time now. Credit where it's due and all that.

These are great options to replace Johnson with.

Yet I was vilified for quoting this "troublemaker" who was just making things up last night.

And yes, last night he did throw out both those names, before anyone else including Roch.

Yep. We don't agree much, but no arguing here. He works in the industry.

And I knew this before I posted anything last night, including the fact he was connected to the Jones crew and locally in other ways. He isn't some random guy on twitter, even as young as he is he clearly has some connection to the team and area. And obviously has some darn good sources lately.

Anyway, I like both guys as well considering what we are working with. Both could be valuable assets late in the game, and of course the best part is they probably won't cost much. Baby steps....and all that.

Yep. We don't agree much, but no arguing here. He works in the industry.

He's two years out of high school. What do you think he does in the industry to have these great sources? Or do you think he has some time on his hands and is monitoring twitter and google alerts and then posting stuff out quickly? You are easily fooled. I am not. I've been down this road before and I'm not easily fooled and just because Heyman was duped, don't think these guys don't get duped as well. Twitter is a dangerous world where nobody's can be quickly made into somebody's just because they are quick to get stuff out.

Either way, you can believe who you want and if it gives us stuff to discuss, more power to them, but I don't believe for one minute that he's suddenly this great insider because I know how stuff works in baseball circles, and 20-year olds don't suddenly have sources feeding them information. I remember this guy well and he's a classic manipulator. He was on here and he's doing it now on twitter and some are buying it hook line and sinker.

Archived