Orioles in on Mujica and Axford per Rickli ( Rickli is also Mikeyice)

andrewrickli

In case you guys don't know, Rickli is Mikeyice. I just did the IP lookups and he's in West Virginia and at WVU.edu just like Rickli was. It's just sad that journalists are being fooled by this guy.

I'm just curious, Tony...how is he "fooling" anyone? It sounds like the guy is "in the know" somehow.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In case you guys don't know, Rickli is Mikeyice. I just did the IP lookups and he's in West Virginia and at WVU.edu just like Rickli was. It's just sad that journalists are being fooled by this guy.

So it's fair to assume he's not at the winter meetings as he suggested right?

Why not just release him again .... Being dishonest about that should be good enough.

I'm just curious, Tony...how is he "fooling" anyone? It sounds like the guy is "in the know" somehow.

He's not in the know. He's a classic con artist manipulator who is looking for attention. He has some skills though. My guess is he monitoring a lot of twitter feeds and has google alerts set up and is pushing out stuff as quickly as possible. All of his stuff is regurgitated and very bland. If he was so in the know, why didn't he tell us about Weeks? The kid actually is impressive in getting stuff out but he's so much about getting credit and being somebody that he's fooling legitimate people into thinking he's a source or has sources.

So it's fair to assume he's not at the winter meetings as he suggested right?

Why not just release him again .... Being dishonest about that should be good enough.

Not unless the Winter meetings are in Morgantown, WV because that's where Mikeyice was posting from today.

He's not in the know. He's a classic con artist manipulator who is looking for attention. He has some skills though. My guess is he monitoring a lot of twitter feeds and has google alerts set up and is pushing out stuff as quickly as possible. All of his stuff is regurgitated and very bland. If he was so in the know, why didn't he tell us about Weeks? The kid actually is impressive in getting stuff out but he's so much about getting credit and being somebody that he's fooling legitimate people into thinking he's a source or has sources.

Gotcha. This makes sense. Well...he was entertaining for a bit ! :D

Yeah, good question. I enjoyed following the whole thing last night. Latest events are a bit confusing. So why would Jones, Rosenthal and (Heyman too?) all be following this guy?

Yeah, good question. I enjoyed following the whole thing last night. Latest events are a bit confusing. So why would Jones, Rosenthal and (Heyman too?) all be following this guy?

Because journalists are people too and there is such a rush to get out the latest rumors, that people like Rickli end up getting credit for things. I mean, he very well have been one of the first people to post something about a rumored trade with Oakland, but that does not mean he has a secret source who is taking time away from the negotiations to give information to some 20-year old in West Virginia. It's ashamed that journalism have gone this way but it's just the way the new media is used now.

What he should have done is make it clear that he monitors a lot of online sources and will turn that information around. There is value in that and hell, I'd be happy to have him posting if he was just clear that he's not "in the know."

Unfortunately, he's too wrapped up on getting credit for having true inside "sources" and that's just not being forthright with everyone.

Archived