This weekend or Bust??????

Belkast

Blah Blah Blah.

You know many times you and the other members of your clique has said this over the years?

Do you know how often we pick up these guys? Very rarely.

Also, as I stated, we didn't get guys that have already been traded.

Scott, Moore, Guthrie, Aquino, F. Cabrera, Bierd, Safarte, Patton, Albers, Costanzo, Quiroz.

All guys under valued by other teams that we have traded for or claimed in one type of transaction (waiver) or another (Rule 5). All with potential to play a role for this team. That's 25% of our 40 man roster right there and I'm not sure if that's everyone.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re: Milledge, it's not inconceivable that the Mets just preferred Church/Schneider to Hernandez, however more they prefer Hernandez to Schneider as a catcher. We don't really have an extra outfielder to send back in a trade, and don't say Jay Payton.

So then you go get Church before NY does.

Or you go get some kind of comparable guy.

He is a 4th OFer for them...Not that hard to find.

Or, you offer Hernandez and someone else and let the Mets get Church or someone like him, in another deal.

Please, what CF are we getting for Olson. And the idea is to stockpile pitching; why trade Olson who could become as valuable as Maine did, when we can sign CPat or put up with Payton and Redman for a while.Walker has more value at the deadline. Now his contract is an obstacle to his value.

I actually would have liked the idea of Dukes. I know he attitude issues ... But he has alot more potential than most of the dead weight we have.

SG you're falling into that trap of "They didn't do what I would've done so therefore they are WRONG!" again.

MacPhail might have said, "ya know I would rather go somewhere else than Milledge."

Perhaps he is thinking he will get a better return elsewhere?

Perhaps he just didn't want Milledge because he didn't like the look on his face?

Whatever the reason, we didn't go after him. Just please stop this "they are STUPID for not," talk.

You come off really arrogant. Don't arm-chair everything to death.

Not going after Milledge is not the end of the world.

Now, if we don't do anything else (no trade of Bedard and/or Roberts) then get all ansty. But don't gripe about the ending in the middle of act 2.

I actually would have liked the idea of Dukes. I know he attitude issues ... But he has alot more potential than most of the dead weight we have.

There attitude issues and then there is threatening to kill one of his baby-mommas. Of which I believe he has five or six.

He is lucky to be in baseball right now and not in prison. There is a line, he crossed it.

SG you're falling into that trap of "They didn't do what I would've done so therefore they are WRONG!" again.

MacPhail might have said, "ya know I would rather go somewhere else than Milledge."

Perhaps he is thinking he will get a better return elsewhere?

Perhaps he just didn't want Milledge because he didn't like the look on his face?

Whatever the reason, we didn't go after him. Just please stop this "they are STUPID for not," talk.

You come off really arrogant. Don't arm-chair everything to death.

Not going after Milledge is not the end of the world.

Now, if we don't do anything else (no trade of Bedard and/or Roberts) then get all ansty. But don't gripe about the ending in the middle of act 2.

This team isn't in the position to pass up premium cheap, young talent for pennies on the dollar.

The Orioles didn't miss out on Milledge because they couldn't put together the right package. They chose to bypass him. That might not have been the right decision, but there is no doubt they chose not to pursue him (along with most other teams).

Bigbird had said Duquette laid some ground work for Hernandez/Milledge before he left...Seems like AM chose not to go after him.

I know that is the same as saying the Orioles didn't go after him but it was a philosophy on McPhail's part.

Not that this means that much, just passing the info along.

I agree with what you said but I think it was a poor decision.

Hopefully we make the proper moves still and a lot of this stuff will hurt less but still, an OF of Milledge, A Jones and Markakis, with Scott at DH would have been a lot of fun to watch.

This team isn't in the position to pass up premium cheap, young talent for pennies on the dollar.

Maybe so, but there are other things to take into consideration. But then again, it takes two to tango.

Maybe the Mets wanted Church and whoever. If they weren't interested in what we were selling then it isn't our fault now is it?

Is that speculation? Yes, but then again so is your POV. We don't know and we won't know until MacPhail's tell-all autobiography about his days as the Orioles GM.

If we end up getting Jones I think the point is moot anyway. Now if we DON'T get Jones, then we can open this up again.

I fixed that for ya. As I wrote before, there are definitely two sides to this argument and nobody knows right now who is right and who is wrong. It would take incredible arrogance to assume otherwise.

So, you think we are in position to pass up top, young premium talent for pennies on the dollar or you mean that it is different because of his "issues"(whatever they are)?

Why I dont agree with everything SG says. I agree that AM & Co could have done more by now. He says nothing will happen until EB is moved ...Then Roberts ... Well quite frankly its all taking too long. At this long and excessively ridiculous pace. He wont get anything done. By the time he gets to exploring the value of Mora, Payton, Huff & company the likely suitors would've filled thiose needs in other ways!

Why I dont agree with everything SG says. I agree that AM & Co could have done more by now. He says nothing will happen until EB is moved ...Then Roberts ... Well quite frankly its all taking too long. At this long and excessively ridiculous pace. He wont get anything done. By the time he gets to exploring the value of Mora, Payton, Huff & company the likely suitors would've filled thiose needs in other ways!

Mora probably isn't going anywhere. Payton, Huff and Millar they won't garner much and could easily be moved in ST.

One of those last three probably is going to end up in a package with Bedard and Huff.

We can complain that it is taking to long all we want but at the end of the day MacPhail is on one man's schedule - his own. We may not like it but I will trust him as he, you know, is a GM. What with his years of experience.

The potential Bedard/ Roberts deals are the biggest trades to go down in Baltimore in a long time. And they really will shape the immediate future of this club.

Would I like him to move faster? Yes, sweet lord yes. But I am confident something gets done. He got Weiters done at the last possible minute, perhaps that was the beginning of a trend?

Saying Dukes has "attitude issues" is like saying Jeffry Dahmer had an "eating disorder.":rolleyes:

Archived