This weekend or Bust??????

Belkast

Everyone is acting like there is some magic wall that comes down when we get too close to ST that disables any attempt at a trade. Trades happen during ST every year, and its not like it really impacts anything for us long term. There isn't much strategy in saying Erik, take the ball every 5th day, and there are no in house candidates to play 2B anyway so its not like someone is going to miss reps there.

Let's just stick with the thought that from this point, the longer it takes, the better for us. Every team in the league knows we are looking to trade them, and if we were going to be blown away by an offer it would have happened last month. From here if we are waiting we are holding out for a better offer, and it will come eventually.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone is acting like there is some magic wall that comes down when we get too close to ST that disables any attempt at a trade. Trades happen during ST every year, and its not like it really impacts anything for us long term. There isn't much strategy in saying Erik, take the ball every 5th day, and there are no in house candidates to play 2B anyway so its not like someone is going to miss reps there.

Let's just stick with the thought that from this point, the longer it takes, the better for us. Every team in the league knows we are looking to trade them, and if we were going to be blown away by an offer it would have happened last month. From here if we are waiting we are holding out for a better offer, and it will come eventually.

The kinds of trades that happen in ST are not blockbusters, but to fill a need, mostly caused by injury. I think there is a point where you stop trying to trade these two, but it doesn't have to be this week ... or January 31 ... or any other set date.

I would like them to start sorting out things like veterans that need to be moved, and competition for positions like SS and CF.

I guess I'm stupid because I read and participated in that thread when it happened and I don't remember anyone stating that there "isn't a deadline" and "we have plenty of time". I surely don't remember "several H'oers" writing it.

I just re-read the first four pages of the thread you pointed to and I didn't find a single person expressing the opinion you stated was expressed. Care to try again?

These are the words he put in our mouths. Don't you dare do the same thing to him.;)

You are the worst offender of putting words in people's mouths. I know I have never said there in no deadline and we have plenty of time. More importantly I have said that there is still a month until pitchers and catchers report.

Thanks for this...Is this supposed to matter to me? Did I see YOU said that? What was the point of this post, other than to hear yourself talk?

I guess I'm stupid because I read and participated in that thread when it happened and I don't remember anyone stating that there "isn't a deadline" and "we have plenty of time". I surely don't remember "several H'oers" writing it.

I just re-read the first four pages of the thread you pointed to and I didn't find a single person expressing the opinion you stated was expressed. Care to try again?

Keep reading......Plenty of things about theories and strategies and how there is still time for us to do things...Shopay saying there is no deadline.

It has been said by several people, ad naseum, for a while now.

Also need to read between the lines.

For example...Fairfax Bird saying I am ripping AM for saying a deal hasn't gotten done...Obviously by saying that, FB thinks there is still time.

Thanks for this...Is this supposed to matter to me? Did I see YOU said that? What was the point of this post, other than to hear yourself talk?

The height of hypocracy is you accusing someone else of talking to hear themselves talk. Your egomania knows no bounds. That being said, I was highly involved in that post yesterday and was accused of being a everything is just fine type poster. I was clarifying that I didn't say it, and as VaTech pointed out no one said it in that thread.

The height of hypocracy is you accusing someone else of talking to hear themselves talk. Your egomania knows no bounds. That being said, I was highly involved in that post yesterday and was accused of being a everything is just fine type poster. I was clarifying that I didn't say it, and as VaTech pointed out no one said it in that thread.

You are though....You are part of that "clique" that is like that every offseason.

You are though....You are part of that "clique" that is like that every offseason.

Look at post 37 and 38. You rip me for talking just to hear myself talk. Then you use me as an example in your argument. Once again putting words in my mouth.

Nice, I am in a "clique." I had enough of that in high school. I simply seem to think positive. Obviously, after 10 straight seasons everyone has the right to be negative. That is o.k. Mainly, I just get tired of reading from people say they will give MacPhail the off-season. Then roundly criticize him for weeks on end for not doing what you want him to do.

Look at post 37 and 38. You rip me for talking just to hear myself talk. Then you use me as an example of a person that doesn't think there is a deadline. Once again putting words in my mouth.

Nice, I am in a "clique." I had enough of that in high school. I simply seem to think positive. Obviously, after 10 straight seasons everyone has the right to be negative. That is o.k. Mainly, I just get tired of reading from people say they will give MacPhail the off-season. Then roundly criticize him for weeks on end for not doing what you want him to do.

But here we are, getting close to the end of the offseason and a possible weekend deadlne to deal Bedard and maybe BRob and yet, nothing.

Do you see why people get antsy and jump on him now?

It is moving too slow...There is not one single freakin justification for a trade to take this long to get done.

But here we are, getting close to the end of the offseason and a possible weekend deadlne to deal Bedard and maybe BRob and yet, nothing.

Do you see why people get antsy and jump on him now?

It is moving too slow...There is not one single freakin justification for a trade to take this long to get done.

What deadline this weekend? Does MacPhail's blackberry get turned off after this weekend? Seriosuly, I understand why people are antsy, I would prefer a deal also. I refuse to rip and criticize him for moving this slowly. He has a plan and he is sticking to it. If you don't like the plan, that is tough cause we are not on the inside of the organization and we can do little about it.

There is a justification. He doesn't like the deals presented and he is holding out. This has been used time and again as a justification. Bill Smith does the same thing in Minnesota. I know you believe he is an idiot. Look at that deal with Tampa, I think he knows what he is doing.

Archived