This weekend or Bust??????

Belkast

So much for tis report huh?

According to ESPN 1000 in Chicago, the Cubs and Orioles have reached a tentative agreement on a trade that would send Brian Roberts to the Cubs for at least three players. It sounds iffy because no players are known but it is believed that they are holding off on announcing it until this weekends Cubs Convention

The day's not over yet huh?

Go to WGN.com and notice which players not going to be an attendance at the convention. Sure maybe the couldnt make it, or maybe???

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO we should forget about trading Roberts or Bedard. Keep them till their contracts expire and get draft picks for them. Thats better then getting other teams crap for them.

Adam Jones is crap? Carlos Triunfel is crap? Since when? Seriously, while January 31 is not the end be all day to make trades, AM had better have something up his sleeve, because this team has not improved at all this offseason thus far. I think you need to change your defintion of crap though. Bedard and Roberts will NOT bring in "crap."

Fine...If teams aren't offering enough for Bedard, you take him off the table and move on to other things....We have to do more than just trade Bedard and BRob...I hope you all realize this.

If the right offer isn't there, tell the teams to piss off and get other things done!

I agree with you here SG. Although I don't know if AM is doing this or not. But I think that, if other teams (e.g., Mariners) saw this occurring, it may lead them to surmise that the Os are truly moving on, which could result in an increased offer.

Fine...If teams aren't offering enough for Bedard, you take him off the table and move on to other things....We have to do more than just trade Bedard and BRob...I hope you all realize this.

If the right offer isn't there, tell the teams to piss off and get other things done!

Telling teams to piss off while it may be satisfying serves no benefit to us at all. Anyone who think any of our junk would not be moved if anything remotely decent was offered is kidding themselves. As to the stop gap type guys the O's appear to finally be doing what you have always propsed. They are making no commitments to guys that are not part of the future.

Telling teams to piss off while it may be satisfying serves no benefit to us at all. Anyone who think any of our junk would not be moved if anything remotely decent was offered is kidding themselves. As to the stop gap type guys the O's appear to finally be doing what you have always propsed. They are making no commitments to guys that are not part of the future.

We aren't moving the other guys because they are waiting to see what they get in trades for Bedard and BRob...This is info that has been passed along to me.

Your rave from a few posts back: "It is moving too slow...There is not one single freakin justification for a trade to take this long to get done."

And here you say: "If the right offer isn't there, tell the teams to piss off and get other things done!" Sounds like a justification to me.

SG....this is exactly what a lot of people have been telling you for the last 2 days or more...there possibly are legitimate reasons why nothing has happened, but you continued to rave about nothing getting done.

Archived