Oriole players are upset WOW

Greg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It could be that Beane will flip him at the deadline when there are are fewer closers available and the demand will be higher.

Are you assuming the A's are going to be out of it this year because I don't think that's Beane's goal. He's setting the team up to compete this year in my opinion.

It's a team game.

Setup guys blowing leads, cost games.

Batters not hitting lefties and getting nohit for 6-7 innings, cost games.

Starters getting blown out early in some games, cost games.

Boston blew saves, Tampa blew saves, it happens.

Center fielders dropping balls.

Are you assuming the A's are going to be out of it this year because I don't think that's Beane's goal. He's setting the team up to compete this year in my opinion.

I agree with you and it is also most likely related to the politics of stadium building going on right now in Oakland. A winning team this year might push the politicians to fund a new stadium in Oakland or improve the bid from San Jose or other locations.

"Oakland Mayor Jean Quan, whose re-election next year could partly rest on the outcome of Coliseum City project, suggests one of the sports teams might get left out in the cold. “I’m guessing it might not be three stadiums,” she said and speculated Major League Baseball might be more interested in the possibility of Howard Terminal because of its proximity to downtown. “Major League Baseball has to decide [over the Athletics next home]. They are not going to San Jose,” said Quan. ”This team really belongs to the city of Oakland.”

http://www.publicceo.com/2013/12/alameda-county-oakland-officials-face-realities-of-coliseum-city/

Archived