Should we Go for Cano?

Bahama O's Fan

With the Yanks spending their money elsewhere, perhaps the market for Cano is dropping. Should we make an offer? Okay, mods look away now.......Allright guys, just wanted to cheat and keep this in the O's forum. I don't really want us to sign him. But I'm interesting in your thoughts, if the Yanks don't sign him, who else has the cash to do it. P.S. Don't tell anyone this is not an O's thread. Thanks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From other posts I've made, I don't believe there is any reason the Orioles can't support a $140m payroll. I would offer Cano 8/200, maybe even 9/225. Angelos shouldn't care because he will likely be pushing up daisies by the time the contract is over. Best case Cano signs and we make the push to win it all. Worst case it forces the Yanks to increase its offer.

First, the answer is Cano will be the second baseman for the Yankees for the rest of his career.

Second, I'm not sure 5/40 is enough to secure Cano's services in Baltimore!

Eh, 5 years is a little too much for the O's brass.

I'm thinking 2 years with a vesting option for a 3rd. :laughlol:

From other posts I've made, I don't believe there is any reason the Orioles can't support a $140m payroll. I would offer Cano 8/200, maybe even 9/225. Angelos shouldn't care because he will likely be pushing up daisies by the time the contract is over. Best case Cano signs and we make the push to win it all. Worst case it forces the Yanks to increase its offer.

Being old must sick. Can you imagine thinking "By the end of this contract I'll probably be dead." ???

With the Yanks spending their money elsewhere' date=' perhaps the market for Cano is dropping. Should we make an offer? Okay, mods look away now.......Allright guys, just wanted to cheat and keep this in the O's forum. I don't really want us to sign him. But I'm interesting in your thoughts, if the Yanks don't sign him, who else has the cash to do it. P.S. Don't tell anyone this is not an O's thread. Thanks.[/quote']

Seattle is prepared to offer him $200 million and maybe a little more. They have the money. But does Cano really want to play where A-Rod used to play?

Archived