Duquette On Xm/Sirius Now

weams

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can get on board with that - if they are giving cash back we will need to send a better player/prospect, so what do you think it will take to get him?

Actually, in view of Ethier's albatross of a contract, the Dodgers will have to give cash back in order to move him pretty much no matter what, IMO. Of course, the better player or prospect in return, the more cash the Dodgers have to kick in.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dan Duquette on Tanaka - "The <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> don't agree with the posting system. We don't agree with paying money to another ballclub like that."</p>? MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) <a href="
">December 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tanaka is a no go then

Hey Weams...Notice Dan said "the Orioles don't agree..." I'd offer this as one example of those internal controls I mentioned.

Hey Weams...Notice Dan said "the Orioles don't agree..." I'd offer this as one example of those internal controls I mentioned.

I can see your point. It is also possible that Ray and Dan don't want to play in that arena. But certainly that may be a constraint that has been imposed upon him. I will give you that.

I can get on board with that - if they are giving cash back we will need to send a better player/prospect, so what do you think it will take to get him?

Well, one thing that does appear to have been happening is the stockpiling of good bullpen arms in Webb and Brach. Since I know that the Dodgers are looking for bullpen help, I would see if Tommy Hunter interests them. Zach Britton? Troy Patton? Something along those lines.

On one year deals, I'll take that all day. Get me another proven reliever and I'll actually be happy with this offseason. If you want more than that you were probably throwing snowballs at the game today.

Colon a 40 yeard old PED user and Ibanz a 41 year old who could break down any min?

Can we stop it with this crap? Every thread doesn't need to be derailed by Angelos hate. Seriously... that's NOT what Duquette said!

Actually considering some of the quotes that came from AM about Buscones I think that may very well be a PA thing.

I am not, however, ever in favor of posting pictures, especially those with a high resolution, of the owner.

Actually considering some of the quotes that came from AM about Buscones I think that may very well be a PA thing.

I am not, however, ever in favor of posting pictures, especially those with a high resolution, of the owner.

Andy was in charge of the investigation in Dominica for the MLB. That was Andy's pet peeve. Fred is the Pope of the Dominican Republic.

Andy was in charge of the investigation in Dominica for the MLB. That was Andy's pet peeve. Fred is the Pope of the Dominican Republic.

Yes, I know about Andy.

I am however pretty sure the pope is the pope of the Dominican. Fred can be Batman.

I still think there is a good chance the posting thing is the owner.

I don't think PA likes the idea of paying just to talk to a player which is kinda how both systems work.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a>, looking for LF, haven't ruled out cruz or choo. Also need DH, closer, wouldn't mind a SP. budget not unlimited tho</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived