Morales may not have job until after the June Draft

weams

Probably does boil down to money. How is attendance doing so far/ project and what is Morales bottom number.

Probably doesn't. Unless you think the Orioles would be interested in a multi-year deal. I don't buy that at all. And besides, you will never know his number until someone signs him. Boras strictly lies. It's not like ou could call him and say "Hey Scott, we will give you 6 million for your DH that sat out after you talked him into not taking a 14.1 million dollar deal."

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably doesn't. Unless you think the Orioles would be interested in a multi-year deal. I don't buy that at all. And besides, you will never know his number until someone signs him. Boras strictly lies.

He's not going to want a multi-year deal this year. He'll want an opportunity to play the rest of this year (probably in a good hitting environment) and the opportunity to be a real FA in 2015.

He's not going to want a multi-year deal this year. He'll want an opportunity to play the rest of this year (probably in a good hitting environment) and the opportunity to be a real FA in 2015.

Ok then. Maybe he will get looked at. It won't be about money if that is the case.

What contract does everyone think he is getting?

Drew signed for 1/10. Morales apparently turned down a 3/30 extension from the Mariners last winter. And now the Brewers, Mariners, and Rangers all have legitimate needs for a bat thanks to injury issues.

I don't think Morales would sign for less than Drew, but I don't think anyone is going to equal the Q.O., either. So...somewhere between $10 and $14.1 million. Much more than the O's are likely to pay, even if the draft pick compensation comes off the table.

Drew signed for 1/10. Morales apparently turned down a 3/30 extension from the Mariners last winter. And now the Brewers, Mariners, and Rangers all have legitimate needs for a bat thanks to injury issues.

I don't think Morales would sign for less than Drew, but I don't think anyone is going to equal the Q.O., either. So...somewhere between $10 and $14.1 million. Much more than the O's are likely to pay, even if the draft pick compensation comes off the table.

Right. So this is a pipe dream. Correct?

Right. So this is a pipe dream. Correct?

That's my take. The Orioles have something resembling a need. But it's nowhere near as glaring for the DH spot as it is for other teams with playoff aspirations.

That could change, but I don't know how it could change enough to convince the O's to push payroll into the neighborhood of $115 million.

bu6y2u4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Would be surprised if <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Yankees&src=hash">#Yankees</a> sign Kendrys. Unless all lying to me they expect Teix, Beltran back. If sign Morales, their roster (cont)</p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

">May 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Yankees&src=hash">#Yankees</a> had Beltran/Soriano/Gardner/Ellsbury/Ichiro bemoaned lack of flexibility. Adding Kendrys just makes worse</p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

">May 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Announce the deal for Morales on Sunday DD. We need more professional hitters in the lineup. We need a win tonight. One lousy run so far into the 8th. Pathetic! Davis needs a few days off. He's not even making contact. Strikeout, strikeout......Morales will probably be the best hitter in our lineup after he's added. Do it!

And the value of Cruz plummets. We need to find a real LF and get guys like Davis and Machado going more than getting Morales.

That's the thing. I don't think Manny or Davis gets it going.

Archived