Morales may not have job until after the June Draft

weams

Signed with Minnesota. Doesn't make a lot of sense for either side as Minnesota isn't a great place to build up value for Kendrys next winter, and Minnesota has Mauer at 1st and their DH's are hitting really well.

Wouldn't mind getting the QO pick from Cruz and signing Morales next winter.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Signed with Minnesota. Doesn't make a lot of sense for either side as Minnesota isn't a great place to build up value for Kendrys next winter, and Minnesota has Mauer at 1st and their DH's are hitting really well.

Morales will never get another qualifying offer again. So sure.

Did you actually beat Birdland to this? I'm impressed.

Agreed as far as Minnesota, they're not in the race right now, and one power bat is not going to change that. And they have Mauer at 1B and solid DHs. Just a weird move IMO.

Agreed as far as Minnesota, they're not in the race right now, and one power bat is not going to change that. And they have Mauer at 1B and solid DHs. Just a weird move IMO.

Maybe they are going to trade Mauer?

Twins are now 29-31 Orioles 30-29 Please tell me why one team is in a race and one isn't?????????????? Cant wait to hear this answer

Maybe they are going to trade Mauer?

Perhaps? But a one year deal with Morales doesn't really do much for them this year either. They trade Mauer and they still don't have time to develop anyone else. And frankly, what difference is it between being a 75 win team and a 70 win team? They're paying $10 million to end up as the 10-12th pick next year instead of the 6-8th.

Twins are now 29-31 Orioles 30-29 Please tell me why one team is in a race and one isn't?????????????? Cant wait to hear this answer

I don't really see us in the race. I saw us as a .500 team to start the year.

Granted, at this point of the year, only 3 or 4 teams are TRULY completely out of it. But I don't see the Os as a real competitor.

I don't really see us in the race. I saw us as a .500 team to start the year.

Granted, at this point of the year, only 3 or 4 teams are TRULY completely out of it. But I don't see the Os as a real competitor.

OK thanks for the answer. But that last wild card team might get in with 84 wins. Twins have the same chance, this AL is a mess.

OK thanks for the answer. But that last wild card team might get in with 84 wins. Twins have the same chance this AL is a mess

As of right now, yes. But ultimately, there will be a couple of wild card teams that separate from the pack. I don't think it will take 92 or 93 wins, but I think ultimately, WC team #2 will have 88 wins at the least.

As of right now, yes. But ultimately, there will be a couple of wild card teams that separate from the pack. I don't think it will take 92 or 93 wins, but I think ultimately, WC team #2 will have 88 wins at the least.

Maybe but every team in the race for the last wild card spot has big question mark with pitching. (M's are the only one with a good staff)

Twins are over performing by a lot (Hughes, Suzuki, Plouffe, Dozier, Escobar, Santana, Pinto, Arcia, Willingham say hello) and the O's are underperforming by a lot (Davis, Jones, Machado, Hardy, Jimenez, Tillman, Norris say hello) yet the O's are still better! I really don't think there's any doubt who the better team is.

Archived