Morales may not have job until after the June Draft

weams

Also in there it said the O's have been believed to have serious talks with him as recently as the past few weeks.

Good stuff. Do it. Lough isn't the nugget we had expected and we all know Morales is a beast. Plus, Cruz will prob be gone next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Young's opt out is meaningless now because that was if he was still in the minors. He's have to be clear every team in the MLB and I don't see that happening. If Morales has waited this long I'm sure he'll just wait till June 1st. Who the heck knows what he wants.

I think it is actually the Day after the Draft. Is that June 1?

The Orioles wouldn't wait two months over losing a third round pick. They won't be the team signing him if he waits until after the draft.

Agreed Murph ...the lost production that Morales could be giving them isn't worth saving the third round selection.

Going to have to find one in 2016 whether you are interested or not. Who do we have in the system to replace him?

You twist words like you always do.

So let me be exact. I am not interested in signing Morales as replacement bat for when Crush might not be here.

Morales has slowly declined in the last three years, and two more declining years, not exactly what I am looking for personally.

So why are talking like we have to sign a replacement NOW?

Will there be no FAs after this season or next?

Who knows, we might have somebody in the system, just not ready this moment in time.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles Still Talking With Kendrys*Morales <a href="http://t.co/nukl1Uoabd">http://t.co/nukl1Uoabd</a></p>? MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="
">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Isn't Morales a Boras client? Isn't Heyman a noted Boras stooge? Could talk of O's interest prompt a better offer from the Brewers?....:scratchchinhmm:

Archived