Morales may not have job until after the June Draft

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles Still Talking With Kendrys*Morales <a href="http://t.co/nukl1Uoabd">http://t.co/nukl1Uoabd</a></p>— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="
">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 year deal would be point less right? I would really enjoy his bat in the lineup right now.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 year deal would be point less right? I would really enjoy his bat in the lineup right now.

I think he would help. Price and length are issues.

Same nay-sayers that hated the Cruz move (I for the record preferred Morales over Cruz so shows you what I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he would help. Price and length are issues.

Same nay-sayers that hated the Cruz move (I for the record preferred Morales over Cruz so shows you what I know.

There were no naysayers for Cruz at 8 million for one year.

There would be none for Morales at 2.5 for half the year. Giving up no pick of course.

I am so proud of myself for calling the Boras clowns correctly here!

There were no naysayers for Cruz at 8 million for one year.

There would be non for Morales at 2.5 for half the year. Giving up no pick of course.

I am so proud of myself for calling the Boras clowns correctly here!

IDK man, Morales might take till July to get use to MLB pitching again. I would do a 2 year deal.

What are you going to do with Morales once CD gets back? Play Cruz in LF all the time? DFA Young? Or even Lough? He's a hitter no doubt but he causes our team more problems than he solves.

And you said hell would freeze over b4 it happened and you would change your name to "King of the Wicker People"

And you said hell would freeze over b4 it happened and you would change your name to "King of the Wicker People"

That has a ring to it. King of the Wicker People

What are you going to do with Morales once CD gets back? Play Cruz in LF all the time? DFA Young? Or even Lough? He's a hitter no doubt but he causes our team more problems than he solves.
All of the above. No problem..

I have no problem DFAing Lough as he is worthless as a baseball player. But then you need to acquire a back up center fielder.
Lough is a good 4th OF, but as long as he is hitting sub .500 OPS I'll suffer Cruz' defense in LF.

The only way he'll get his OPS above .500 is if he plays. It's only 65 AB's. The O's need to stick with him, at the very least, against RHP's. If not they, need to find a player who can hit and play defense in LF. Suffering Cruz's defense in LF is not worth getting Delmon Young's bat in the lineup.
Breaking my ignore rule with you and I'm sure I'll be sorry. Lough needs to alter his approach at the plate if he hopes to get above .500 OPS. He is hitting far too many FB and too few LD and GB and drawing too few BB. As to Cruz' defense, he's not great, but the impression that he is am huge liability is more hyperbole than real. I have watched all but 3 G so far this season, and the poor IF play has resulted in far more unearned runs, than balls dropping in front of Cruz has. If Lough could give me a .700 OPS in LF I'd go with a platoon v RHB, but I see no indication that he is capable of that.

I have no problem DFAing Lough as he is worthless as a baseball player. But then you need to acquire a back up center fielder.

If Lough continues to unimpress, Peguero has a real shot as does Berry (Berry really can't hit though despite what some insist from MIL stats).

Archived