Morales may not have job until after the June Draft

weams

I should clarify: I'm not saying I want to see Lough continue to get regular ABs...my patience has worn pretty thin with him. BUT, that doesn't mean that Cruz isn't a butcher. His playing the field might simply be the lesser of two evils.

I am not on the Lough train any longer. I am not on the Nelson plays left bandwagon.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course, I hear that. But go back to my initial post: it's more about Lough's deficiencies to me than anything. If Lough could get his OPS up to about .700, I'd be fine with him. For crying out loud, his OBP is higher than his SLG right now!

Yeah, I don't know what, if anything, he was doing differently last year, but that .326 BABIP certainly hasn't carried over to this season. He just doesn't look even remotely close to being a ML hitter.

I got ya, but if he's going to end up playing there a lot anyway because of Lough, who would you rather have DHing? I'd take Morales over Pearce or Young.

Nope. Not gonna play that. Nope. Morales won't have a MLB hit until July. July.

I got ya, but if he's going to end up playing there a lot anyway because of Lough, who would you rather have DHing? I'd take Morales over Pearce or Young.

Years? Money?

I think we might be better off playing Pearce in left and DHing Cruz as currently constructed at this point. That guy has done nothing but produce when he plays but Buck doesn't seem to care.

I can appreciate your stand. Maybe the better solution is to trade for a more complete left fielder. Or maybe Peguero is the answer.

I think the reality is that, with Buck managing the team, Cruz is going to continue to see the lion's share of playing time in LF, regardless of Pearce, Young, Lough, etc. I'd be surprised to see the O's pursue Morales, but, even if they did, I don't think that changes the fact that Cruz is an OFer on the Orioles.

A much better solution. Yes. Besides. Jenny says Nolan is back with a vengeance.

So...he can look up, now?

If we ever seen Reimold in a ML uniform again, I seriously doubt it'll be this season. I'm not even sure it'll be with the O's.

I think the reality is that, with Buck managing the team, Cruz is going to continue to see the lion's share of playing time in LF, regardless of Pearce, Young, Lough, etc. I'd be surprised to see the O's pursue Morales, but, even if they did, I don't think that changes the fact that Cruz is an OFer on the Orioles.

I think Cruz sees the lion's share because. Lough. And no other reason.

Years? Money?

I think we might be better off playing Pearce in left and DHing Cruz as currently constructed at this point. That guy has done nothing but produce when he plays but Buck doesn't seem to care.

I'm fine with this. But I wonder if playing Pearce everyday would lead to over exposure. But that's probably the best configuration as constructed.

It has nothing to do with either of these things at this point. The Orioles just added several million for Hundley. It does have to do with the fact that we do NOT NEED A SEVENTH DH.

We need a LH bat. Exposing Young/Pearce long term to RHP is a poor strategy.

Archived