NY Fans Upset with Cano

Elbren

Seems Robinson Cano tweeted "thank you" to NY and it's fans on his way out the door and the fans aren't too happy about it. Quite a few angry tweets.

A few of my favorite:

- I could care less if you had career ending Tommy John surgery

- traitor

- go kill yourself

- I hope you get Lou Gehrig's disease

- I hope both your acl's explode

- never was a true yankee

- now you're just another $ fiend

Nothing more entertaining than watching Yankee fans cry about someone leaving their team and calling them a "sellout".

I'm sure NONE of them find it hypocritical considering they've been throwing money around and buying top players for the past 15+ years. :rolleyes:

Kind of sucks watching a player, drafted and developed by your team, forego loyalty and ditch your city solely for more money, huh?

... Kind of sucks watching a player, drafted and developed by your team, forego loyalty and ditch your city solely for more money, huh?

Cut them some slack. It's a new experience for them. :)

Speaking of whiners.

Robinson Cano on Yankees: 'I didn't get any respect from them'

What Cano expects in terms of "respect" many would call more appropriately "stupidity".

The Mariners out Yankeed the Yankees and frankly Yankee fans should be happy. I mean I don't blame them for being upset that he

clearly seems to value money over winning but at the same time. welcome to the world of the other 31 teams Yankees fans but also the Mariners will regret this contract long before it ends.

Who did we add?

I'm talking about how the other 31 teams get outspent by the Yankees in FA year after year by and large. Hearing Yankees fans rag on a guy for taking the most money is like a Dallas Cowboys fan complaining about another team getting too much media coverage. Anyhow, I think the Cano deal will hurt Seattle. You're a Cards fan, I'm sure you were sad to see Pujols go but your organization is in better shape going forward without him then had they stuck with him at the kind of money he asked and got from Anaheim.

Interesting point! :)<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible;" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="207"></iframe>

Cano felt disrespected by the Yankees, who offered $175m. Should the Yankees feel disrespected because Cano didn't accept their first offer?
? Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN)
December 13, 2013

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

I'm talking about how the other 31 teams...

Anyhow, I think the Cano deal will hurt Seattle. You're a Cards fan, I'm sure you were sad to see Pujols go but your organization is in better shape going forward without him then had they stuck with him at the kind of money he asked and got from Anaheim.

I was disappointed that Pujols gave up the opportunity to be a career Cardinal (like Musial), but I said at the time that he did the Cardinals a huge favor.

That was before we drafted Michael Wacha with the compensation pick. Then we signed Yadier Molina, Adam Wainwright, and Allen Craig to affordable contracts. The Pujols departure is a gift that keeps on giving, season after season.

I was disappointed that Pujols gave up the opportunity to be a career Cardinal (like Musial), but I said at the time that he did the Cardinals a huge favor.

That was before we drafted Michael Wacha with the compensation pick. Then we signed Yadier Molina, Adam Wainwright, and Allen Craig to affordable contracts. The Pujols departure is a gift that keeps on giving, season after season.

Yeah you always like to see a guy like that stay his whole career with a club. Wacha though wow, I really would love to see him pitch one of these days. What he did in

the playoffs was incredible.

When it comes to the Yankees, there is always plenty of disrespect going on. Now Levine is disrespecting the Mariners. How? Levine said, "No, I feel bad for him because I think he's disappointed he's not a Yankee. But I respect him, and he's free to say whatever he wants to say. We still respect him, and he'll always be fondly remembered as a Yankee." It is sort of like saying

"Oh, we feel bad for you that you are not a Yankee anymore and have to settle for being a Mariner." How does Levine know that Cano thinks that? Is it because he thinks that everyone wants to be a Yankee? Then instead of Levine saying he won't give anyone over 30 years old a contract and leaving it at that, he has to bring Mike Trout into it. Hopefully, Levine gets nailed for tampering.

Yankee management is just classless. Good management keeps their mouth shut when it comes to players and contracts. Good management would wish a player well with their new team and leave it at that.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10133364/new-york-yankees-not-angry-robinson-cano-felt-sorry-him

I liked this one. Cano could have taken what the Yanks offered, or a little more if he could have gotten it. He would have been a Yankee legend, Like Mantle or JoeD.

@RobinsonCano @Mariners - enjoy obscurity! Could've gone down as one of the greats...now you're just another $ fiend

Archived