Yankee Brian Roberts. (Update: Signs for $2M+)

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Yankees&src=hash">#Yankees</a> likely to sign free-agent 2B Brian Roberts.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Watch dude is gonna be a beast now.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is just awful. Like Koji with the Red Sox but a million times worse. I don't want to see him in that uniform. Maybe he'll just get hurt in ST in miss the whole year and we can pretend it never happened?

Meh, I'd disagree. Koji was still a viable player. Brian's just about done.

Also, anybody who holds this against Roberts should think before they open their mouth. The Yankees are the only team out there willing to offer him a starting job. Not the Orioles of course, we need to save our marbles for big offseason acquisitions like Grant Balfour.

Only team? Really? Sure about that?

Only team? Really? Sure about that?

I'm speculating but I would be highly surprised if Roberts turned down a better offer from somewhere else, in money, playing time, or playoff aspirations. The Yankees are certainly his #1 option to start on a playoff contending team. Who else is even in the market for a 2B? Ellis just signed to be a potentially part-time player with Wong in STL. Roberts has a better situation than that with NYY, with Johnson his only competition and he's likely to be playing alot of 3B.

I am not sure what the Yankees are going for here?

Oldest opening day infield?

Most overpaid opening day infield?

Most days on DL?

I hate DD's strategy of sitting on his hands while everyone gets signed, but if the Yankees give him $6 or $7 million they deserve what is coming.

Archived