Is it me or is Choo crazy? (Update: Choo to Rangers)

Greg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The splits are being made to be too much of a big deal here. He faces righties in 70 percent of his PAs and still gets on base at a .340 clip vs lefties anyway.

I would want no part of that contract and I certainly wouldn't advocate giving him 20M/yr, but I think Choo is not getting much credit here. He's a very good player. He's not Ellsbury, but should get a comparable deal because he is much more durable even if he's a tick below in skill.

I'd have to guess Boras was playing some games and didn't even tell Choo the offer was out there as he was trying to leverage it to get even more out of somebody else. You'll see him in New York soon, probably for a little less now.

I'd have to guess Boras was playing some games and didn't even tell Choo the offer was out there as he was trying to leverage it to get even more out of somebody else. You'll see him in New York soon, probably for a little less now.

I doubt that, too much information in social media. If he didn't take the deal to Choo, that wouldn't be smart and a sure way to get fired. I doubt he wants to read about the offer in twitter and be news to him.

When it comes to OBP, yes. But the focus will just turn to trying to find another market inefficiency.
Which is why I put the second money ball in quotes. I understand that the concept actually means finding and exploiting market inefficiencies, and I also know that many confuse it with OBP. I think the Choo's contract is the end of OBP being in anyway undervalued.

I doubt that, too much information in social media. If he didn't take the deal to Choo, that wouldn't be smart and a sure way to get fired. I doubt he wants to read about the offer in twitter and be news to him.

So you really think Choo turned that down? I doubt it. The Yankees probably leaked this to force Boras' hand and it will likely work.

Archived