What is the "right offer"?

Sports Guy

How can i agree on this? I have no idea what has been offered.

Wasn't there a story last week or so that said they offered Jones, Clement and Sherrill?

There's been plenty of stories, so we don't really know. However, you just said you'd want Jones, Clement, and Tillman/Triunfel. You said you'd accept the trade you mention above, but it wouldn't be a first option. So I would assume you'd either be holding out for more.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well again, it seems like you have similiar expectations. Even if we go back to Tejada, you said you wouldn't have made that trade, so his expectations were lower in that case.

I would have offered to pay a big chunk of Miggy's contract and see what i could get...I don't think that idea was ever in the heads of the Orioles.

If that wouldn't have made any difference, then I would have pulled the trigger on the Houston deal.

There's been plenty of stories, so we don't really know. However, you just said you'd want Jones, Clement, and Tillman/Triunfel. You said you'd accept the trade you mention above, but it wouldn't be a first option. So I would assume you'd either be holding out for more.

How do you know?

I don't even know what you asking me......It seems to me you are asking if I would accept the Seattle deals when in fact, I have no idea what they are...How can I answer that?

I would have offered to pay a big chunk of Miggy's contract and see what i could get...I don't think that idea was ever in the heads of the Orioles.

If that wouldn't have made any difference, then I would have pulled the trigger on the Houston deal.

It would be interesting to hear from AM or PA as the their apparent philosophy of never paying for salary to help increase trade value.

Well I doubt PA would have approved that, and judging by your response at the time to the Houston deal, and by the expectations I know you had for a Miggy trade, I tend to doubt you would have pulled the trigger.

Well I doubt PA would have approved that, and judging by your response at the time to the Houston deal, and by the expectations I know you had for a Miggy trade, I tend to doubt you would have pulled the trigger.

Well, you are wrong...First of all, i have recently said that I am more in favor of the deal than I was.

Secondly, that was based on the idea that I think we could have gotten more if we paid some of the contract.

BB mentioned the Dodgers wanting us to pay like 17 million of his contract...Not sure I would have paid that much or not(would have depended on the return) but i would have been willing to pay 12-13.

For example, let's say we could have had LaRoche and Hu for Tejada and 12 million....I would have rather done that than the Houston trade.

IF paying Miggy's contract didn't give us higher ceiling guys than what we received, I would have made the Houston deal.

How do you know?

I don't even know what you asking me......It seems to me you are asking if I would accept the Seattle deals when in fact, I have no idea what they are...How can I answer that?

I know it based on what you've said, but if you want to say Jones, Clement, and Sherrill is your first option, and you would have already made that trade, fine.

We've gotten ideas of what the offers have been, and it does seem that we could have gotten Jones, Clement/Triunfel/Tillman(not necessarily our choice), and Sherrill, but it does not seem we've gotten anything you would have been excited about. It just seems to me that your expectations are similiar to AM's, and that you very well may be in the same situation as him if you were the GM, yet you've been all over his case. Obviously we don't know what exactly been offered over the course of the offseason, so we don't know for sure.

I know it based on what you've said, but if you want to say Jones, Clement, and Sherrill is your first option, and you would have already made that trade, fine.

We've gotten ideas of what the offers have been, and it does seem that we could have gotten Jones, Clement/Triunfel/Tillman(not necessarily our choice), and Sherrill, but it does not seem we've gotten anything you would have been excited about. It just seems to me that your expectations are similiar to AM's, and that you very well may be in the same situation as him if you were the GM, yet you've been all over his case. Obviously we don't know what exactly been offered over the course of the offseason, so we don't know for sure.

Key word is seem.

Again, I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I have no idea what we have been offered, so how you can make an opinion on what i think is beyond me.

Well, you are wrong...First of all, i have recently said that I am more in favor of the deal than I was.

Secondly, that was based on the idea that I think we could have gotten more if we paid some of the contract.

BB mentioned the Dodgers wanting us to pay like 17 million of his contract...Not sure I would have paid that much or not(would have depended on the return) but i would have been willing to pay 12-13.

For example, let's say we could have had LaRoche and Hu for Tejada and 12 million....I would have rather done that than the Houston trade.

IF paying Miggy's contract didn't give us higher ceiling guys than what we received, I would have made the Houston deal.

Yeah, well recently is very different from when the trade happened, so again, you would have likely turned it down at the time. Now, maybe you would have came back to it at a later time, and maybe the Astros would still want to do it, don't know. So I don't see how that shows I'm wrong at all.

That's great that you'd be willing to kick in a bunch of money, I would have bene for that too, but that doesn't mean PA would be ok with that.

Key word is seem.

Again, I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I have no idea what we have been offered, so how you can make an opinion on what i think is beyond me.

Not hard to figure out what I'm trying to say, making it rather obvious.

Couldn't that last sentence be said about you ripping AM for not making a deal?

Yeah, well recently is very different from when the trade happened, so again, you would have likely turned it down at the time. Now, maybe you would have came back to it at a later time, and maybe the Astros would still want to do it, don't know. So I don't see how that shows I'm wrong at all.

That's great that you'd be willing to kick in a bunch of money, I would have bene for that too, but that doesn't mean PA would be ok with that.

LOL....You are completely wrong but whatever, this is a waste of time discussing this with you...I have already said my stance.

Personally, I don't believe you would have paid out money...See, I can play this game too!

Not hard to figure out what I'm trying to say, making it rather obvious.

Couldn't that last sentence be said about you ripping AM for not making a deal?

Could be but I am basing everything on AM asking for too much and I think he is, based on what i have heard privately and what has been said nationally.

I go back to what Tim K said around a month ago...He said he didn't think the Orioles really wanted to deal bedard based on what they are asking for.

I also don't think AM was willing to do a Dodgers deal with Kemp and/or Kershaw in it....That is a mistake as well.

I think a lot of things could have been done by now but he wants too much.

LOL....You are completely wrong but whatever, this is a waste of time discussing this with you...I have already said my stance.

Personally, I don't believe you would have paid out money...See, I can play this game too!

The clear difference is, I'm not speculating on this, I'm basing this on what you said, and it's not like you weren't clear on your position at the time. Fine, you changed your mind, which I mentioned in the previous post, so again, not wrong at all no matter how many LOL's you use.

I doubt that money would have made much difference. The teams with more to offer in terms of talent, the LAAA's and The LAD's, weren't concerned that much about his contract, they were concerned about what they would have had to give up for Miggi.

Could be but I am basing everything on AM asking for too much and I think he is, based on what i have heard privately and what has been said nationally.

I go back to what Tim K said around a month ago...He said he didn't think the Orioles really wanted to deal bedard based on what they are asking for.

I also don't think AM was willing to do a Dodgers deal with Kemp and/or Kershaw in it....That is a mistake as well.

I think a lot of things could have been done by now but he wants too much.

Alright, so it's ok to rip AM based on his expectations even though we don't know what's been offered, but it's not ok to question you because we don't know what's been offered. Got it.

Archived