Schmuck's sure to ruffle some feathers with his latest article

ChaosLex

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 1.5 cents (this economy really sucks): Peter is a bit premature in making these statements. Young sure looks like he belongs here, as do Meek, Stinson, Britton etc. Would anyone have considered these guys as major-league ready a month or two ago?

Let some feathers ruffle for a while, while guys in AAA like Gausman, Johnson, Urrutia etc. get some fine tuning done. It won't be very long before Peter admits the O's have lots of talent ready for this level. At least it sure feels that way to me.

sfosfan

Josh Stinson is still 4A fodder as Zi have said all offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you ragging on Stinson? He pitched 2.2 innings today and allowed one run. He was one of the better O's pitchers on the day.

Spot on by Mr. Schmuck. He's really laid it on the Orioles recently.

Personally, I like the additions we've made. But, we still need a legitimate stick for the middle of this lineup and, I would say, TWO starting pitchers. One of those pitchers should be a good one and the other could be a 4th starter "innings eater".

I agree. The only really good starting pitcher on this team right now is Tillman. All the rest of them including the overpriced Jimenez at best 4th or 5th starers.

Why are you ragging on Stinson? He pitched 2.2 innings today and allowed one run. He was one of the better O's pitchers on the day.

Because I think he is grossly overrated on here. Get back to me in 2 months. He doesn't fool anyone, they hit the ball hard off him, it is painfully obvious.

Because I think he is grossly overrated on here. Get back to me in 2 months. He doesn't fool anyone, they hit the ball hard off him, it is painfully obvious.

You may be right but he had a decent year as a starter at Norfolk last year. He pitched well in relief for the O's in Sept. He pitched well in ST this spring. And he has done OK in two outing in the regular season so far.

Didn't see the game today after the rain delay. Not trying to say your point is not valid. Maybe he was hit hard.

This isn't about the pen. At least, not yet, though I have concerns there, too. The starters have all been up in the zone, often down the middle, with less than impressive velocity or movement. They've been assaulted all four games. Just as bad is the offense. The strikeout rate is beyond alarming. The approach is awful. Joke all you want about "Fire Presely" threads but I certainly don't want to keep watching this. Maybe a new hitting coach doesn't fix the problem but I'm sure tired of the "stay aggressive" nonsense.

This is like a perfect storm of last year's first half pitching and second half offense...

Oh yes! It's already time for 2014's first "fire Jim Presley so we can get better consistency with RISP, couldn't hurt, right?" trea... I mean thread.

Those are the lamest kinds of threads. Those and the ones that say that Peter Angelos will spend fo rPrince Fielder or Mark Teixeira, it's just that Andy MacPhail doesn't want to.

Archived