Balfour speaks...

MemorialStadKid

Made sense to me. What doesn't make sense is the prevailing view on here that Angelo's allowed the deal and that out of the blue decided to nix it just to screw his own team, punish OH members, or fulfill the fantasies of posters who think PA has a circular triple six pattern hidden on his scalp.

I'm inclined to believe that they didn't like the physical. Mostly because they said that they didn't like the physical.

It stretches credibility to think that the whole org is lying about it in order to cover up the real reason which is...illuminati, aliens, PA doesn't do exactly what I wasn't on my timetable.

Too logical. Please leave rational thought at the door when discussing Peter Angelos.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roch just posted on Twitter that the 2nd year was the issue.

Good lord. It was a money decision.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> went with drs recommendations. Would probably do 1 year with option. 2nd guaranteed year became issue after physical</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MSK

One thing I'd like to mention. The team is not allowed to discuss any specifics about a player's medical issues without that player's permission. Therefore, you're only getting the player's side of the story.

Why do you (or anyone else) believe the Orioles cannot discuss the examining doctor's findings? Is that prohibition part of some labor agreement? Or an express condition of players submitting to these physical exams? It seems unfair for the player to be permitted to talk about what his own doctor concluded and for the team to be blocked from saying what its doctors concluded.

Are the Orioles hiding behind a rule that is presumed to exist but doesn't?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> went with drs recommendations. Would probably do 1 year with option. 2nd guaranteed year became issue after physical</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

MSK

No... the tweet clearly says that AFTER THE PHYSICAL the 2nd year was the issue.

MSK

Thanks MSK This just keeps getting better.... Next tweet we will see PA overruled DD decision to sign Mr.Balfour for 2 years due to asset reallocation...

MSK

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the one other team looking at Balfour only willing to commit to one year? It was for more money but only one year I believe. Maybe they knew something the O's just found out.

The analogy makes perfect sense. Don't see why you can't see that.

Should of said "Show me the CarFAX" before agreeing to the deal then.

No it makes no sense it is the worst analogy I have ever seen on the Internet. First off car dealers have many cars. Second, different car dealers don't know what you have done at other car dealers. Third, if someone else comes in they can just sell them a different car. Fourth, there are probably well over 10,000 car dealerships.

Failure.

This example has very limited supply and very limited suitors. And of the suitors they want one each. Here is an analogy that make sense: there is an island with 3 young ladies and 3 young men. All 3 men want to marry bachelorette #1 as she is the most desrirable and in the end she chooses bachelor# 2. The other 2 men now knowing they aren't getting bachelorette #1 marry the other 2 women. Now bachelor #2 says after getting a closer look at bachelorette #1 says she isn't as pretty as he thought and he is backing out. Both bachelorette #1 and bachelor 2 are destined to live a long and lonely life.

No it makes no sense it is the worst analogy I have ever seen on the Internet. First off car dealers have many cars. Second, different car dealers don't know what you have done at other car dealers. Third, if someone else comes in they can just sell them a different car. Fourth, there are probably well over 10,000 car dealerships.

Failure.

This example has very limited supply and very limited suitors. And of the suitors they want one each. Here is an analogy that make sense: there is an island with 3 young ladies and 3 young men. All 3 men want to marry bachelorette #1 as she is the most desrirable and in the end she chooses bachelor# 2. The other 2 men now knowing they aren't getting bachelorette #1 marry the other 2 women. Now bachelor #2 says after getting a closer look at bachelorette #1 says she isn't as pretty as he thought and he is backing out. Both bachelorette #1 and bachelor 2 are destined to live a long and lonely life.

Who gets the kids?

Failure.

Yes...that makes much more sense. :rolleyes: I'll never get that 60 seconds of my life back.

No matter what you think of spending 15 mill on a closer, this is SO messed up! Big Peter nixxing a deal like this. :angryfire:

Or it might have been the team doctors and Big Pete hasn't a clue what is going on.

I wouldn't put it past him to get involved but has there been any actual word that he was involved?

Or it might have been the team doctors and Big Pete hasn't a clue what is going on.

I wouldn't put it past him to get involved but has there been any actual word that he was involved?

Several baseball insiders, namely Rosenthal and Mitch Williams at MLB Network believe that Angelos was all over this. I would give them the benefit of the doubt considering the past situations with Angelos.

Also, these guys know people behind the scenes who might share information with them. I'd bet my bottom dollar PA was involved.

MSK

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Balfour told me he told Duquette that he deserves to be treated w/ respect and he was not & <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> just lost their best chance at winning.</p>— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/susanslusser">@susanslusser</a> Grant Balfour called me back to say he called Dan Duquette to tell him the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> were making a mistake</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Archived