Orioles/ Mets talking Ike Davis

SilentJames

I would be willing to give up a lower tier prospect or maybe Gambia but then watch Gamboa become the next Wakefield. That being said I bet yhe Mets are looking for MLK ready players with a relatively high ceiling considering Ikea did have a heck of a year a few yrs back. He could be a fun player to track and see what he amounts to.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well obviously that is ridiculous. But if Davis can be had there has to be some middle ground here. Davis essentially is your DH and back up first baseman.

He is young. High potential bat. Coming off a bad year, but hit 32 homers the previous year.

Even when he hit 32 HRs, he wasn't very good. OBP of .308, OPS of .771, no speed, and lousy enough defense to be worth only 0.9 WAR that season.

He's not a terrible shot-in-the-dark guy, but if he were a FA I'd be hoping he'd get the Francisco Peguero treatment - guaranteed $1M and a shot in ST, but could easily be cut if he's terrible.

And he's going to be heavily overpaid - arb expectation around $3-3.5M

That's not worth any real prospects. Davis may even have negative trade value, given how desperate the Mets have been to move him.

I like Ike Davis but he certainly isn't anywhere near worth EdRod. The Mets have been asking for WAY more than he is worth. He's not even that cheap anymore - he's arbitration eligible and should be due about $3.5 million in his first year, with three years of control remaining.

Still, the Mets are our best trade partner for a DH, since they are sure to trade either Duda or Davis. They seem very intent of trading Davis rather than Duda, which seems odd to me.

I wonder if there is some framework for a 3-way trade to be made with the Pirates and Mets. You have to imagine the Pirates and Orioles know they are competing for the same players on the Mets.

I would think that the Mets would be interested in Mercer, who the Pirates would be reluctant to give up without a replacement. But, the Pirates would want to upgrade the SS defense and would likely be interested in Hardy. The Mets are also interested in moving D. Murphy, who we could have some interest in (moving Schoop to 3B and using Flaherty/Almanzar there until he's ready). Orioles/Pirates split Davis and Duda and the Mets sign Morales. Obviously that'd have to be balanced out with other pieces, particularly with prospects coming from the Pirates' end and going to both teams.

How many times do we have to remind folks of Duquette's (or Angelos') stance on posting before people believe it? They will not, and in fact do not apparently believe in, posting for Tanaka.

It is 100% not going to happen, they've already said as much.

Well, I have now listened to Duquette say one thing and then do another too many times. I think he uses the press as a weapon. Everything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

How about someone who is out of options and will have a hard time making the roster. Britton for Davis? That seems like too much to give up but Britton is worth very little on a team with a lot of lefty bullpen options especially since he can't be sent to Norfolk.

How about someone who is out of options and will have a hard time making the roster. Britton for Davis? That seems like too much to give up but Britton is worth very little on a team with a lot of lefty bullpen options especially since he can't be sent to Norfolk.

We need every starter we can get. I can't see how they could give up Britton, who did show some signs of life BEFORE in June, right before we got the great Scott Feldman.

Archived