Its now 2014 and we haven't made any notable moves

AlbionHero

Why in the world are people suggesting Balfour? Bridges are burned! Give it up people..

Happy 2014 and yes, I am confident most of us on this board would have done a better job improving this team. Disgusting.

What solid offers has he gotten? The Orioles are still an option just like anyone else - and still provides the best option available if he wants to close.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do I. I think they really blew it with him.

I don't know now. They may have really seen something. I think Balfour is the one who blew it, spouting off in the press. Even ignoring blame, I think Balfour is mad enough that he wouldn't sign with us even if we offered him the original 2 years guaranteed.

Give it up people..

Happy 2014 and yes, I am confident most of us on this board would have done a better job improving this team. Disgusting.

I am sure you do brain surgery. Most of us would not do that well either. It's something that requires experience and training. We can talk about it. But none of us could do it. Not even as well as Jack Zduriencik.

I am sure you do brain surgery. Most of us would not do that well either. It's something that requires experience and training. We can talk about it. But none of us could do it. Not even as well as Jack Zduriencik.

Well I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

What's your plan, out bid the MFY and the LAD for Tanaka? Yeah that's the ticket. The guy's going to get over 20M per for at least 6 years. :rolleyestf:

My plan has nothing to do with signing Tanaka. Thats not a realistic expectation. I would however be pushing hard for guys like Garza, Jimenez, Arroyo, and guys like Johan Santana or Jeff Nieman. Guys that will become more attractive once Tanaka is off the table. I imagine Garza and Jimenez will wait out the Tanaka saga, but Bronson Arroyo and Johan Santana could be had now. It seems the Orioles are content waiting around for Burnett to start collecting retirement or not.

What solid offers has he gotten? The Orioles are still an option just like anyone else - and still provides the best option available if he wants to close.

Balfour would probably rather take a 1 year deal from the Yankees at this point to set up, if he's going to have to settle. Show he's healthy, and he will get a 2 year deal next winter. Clubs know he can close and set up men get nice deals too. See Benoit.

It's already 2:17 pm on the first day of 2014, and we still haven't done anything. Will there be an update tomorrow, or will someone start a new thread?

Someone will start a new thread. And someone will post in that new thread complaining about said thread. Circle of life.

Archived