If we give up a draft pick for Kendrys Morales I will hammer a railroad spike through my head

SrMeowMeow

I feel like the title really says it all.

Half an offseason of missed opportunities, a weird and sort of embarrassing Grant Balfour non-signing, and frustrating general inaction I can handle, but being linked to what could easily be the least intelligent transaction of the offseason (except maybe signing Nelson Cruz, which I'm still afraid of) would enrage me.

It's like the O's think the new market inefficiency is avoiding leveraging market inefficiencies.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All depends on the price, and if we acquire a Burnett, Arroyo or Garza. If it's a reasonable contract I'd do it. He's a good not great hitter who would upgrade our offense. The value of the pick is overrated, IMO. If we get the SP and the bat we need, we can be a serious contender and we need to sacrifice a little if we want to take advantage of the 2 year window, before we turn back into a pumpkin.

I would trade Matt Hobgood, Brian Matusz, Michael Givens, and umm (trying to think of another early round draft pick.......) Billy Rowell for Kendrys Morales and Matt Garza.

Wouldn't you?

I think we overrate the value of MLB draft picks on here.

I would trade Matt Hobgood, Brian Matusz, Michael Givens, and umm (trying to think of another early round draft pick.......) Billy Rowell for Kendrys Morales and Matt Garza.

Wouldn't you?

I think we overrate the value of MLB draft picks on here.

Okay. Can we throw in Wieters, Bundy, Machado and Gausman?

I feel like the title really says it all.

Half an offseason of missed opportunities, a weird and sort of embarrassing Grant Balfour non-signing, and frustrating general inaction I can handle, but being linked to what could easily be the least intelligent transaction of the offseason (except maybe signing Nelson Cruz, which I'm still afraid of) would enrage me.

It's like the O's think the new market inefficiency is avoiding leveraging market inefficiencies.

I hope we do sign him for two reasons. First, he will make the team better. Second I get to see you drive a railroad spike through your head.

I'm not worried about the pick this year. We have a two year window to seriously compete. We can replenish the picks when Davis and Wieters walk.

Exactly and a batter in hand is worth two in the bush. Prospects are a gamble. I wonder what many picks at the Orioles selection this year have been productive major league regulars. We have had a ton of top picks. We had two first rounders last year. And first round picks aren't cheap.

Archived