Say It Ain't So, Manny!

spneca

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's open to a long term deal, 10 years at 150M will get it done after next season. That will take away 6 years of FA. Step up Orioles and show we're in the game.

And I wanted to ask, you read that somewhere? I haven't seen a word about Manny being interested or not.

There is just no way we are going to be able to sign Manny long term. He's already in super-stud mode.

Ugh, I am so depressed with the current state of the Orioles. How we got Jones for $80M I will never know.

Is anyone confident we can sign any of Manny, Davis, Wieters, or Tillman (who's the last starting pitcher we extended, honestly)? Is there any way Manny doesn't end up switching to Jay Z or Boras?

It don't matter man. Every team faces the same situation. With the huge money teams out there, it's always going to be messed up. This is my favorite sport, but it's sad where it is right now. Teams like us have to squeeze every dollar and make the greatest trades. Meanwhile, six or eight franchises can throw money around without repercussion.

I wouldn't go 10 years on Jesus Christ himself. But they do need to step up.

And think about it... he's still well less than a million this year. 1.5 next, 3 next, 7 next. Just guesses. You don't have to pay him 10/150. 7 or 8/80 is more money than he ever dreamed of. And guaranteed if he signs.

Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if the O's don't continue to not do anything to improve this team while Manny is here I can see him moving on and not wanting to play here. I think the O's sign manny longterm. I think manny and trout stay. I personally don't see bryce harper long term. Manny seems like one of those Baltimore athletes that stay with a team for his entire career Cal Ripken etc. We shall see.

It don't matter man. Every team faces the same situation. With the huge money teams out there, it's always going to be messed up. This is my favorite sport, but it's sad where it is right now. Teams like us have to squeeze every dollar and make the greatest trades. Meanwhile, six or eight franchises can throw money around without repercussion.

Yes it is sad that it has come to this.

Bleacher Report picked it up last night.

Oz does remind us that the link between all three, other than baseball, is Miami. Machado and Rodriguez are both from there and Alonso played at the University of Miami.

So what does this all mean for you, Joe Q. Baseball Fan? Little.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1910290-alex-rodriguez-and-manny-machado-have-guys-night-out-at-jay-z-concert

Archived