• Last Reply

Why I am Absolutely Certain that the Orioles Will Have a Winning Season in 2014

By OFFNY

(Introduction by Weams)

Why I am Absolutely Certain that the Orioles Will Have a Losing Season in 2014

By OFFNY

(Introduction by Weams)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yeah, it's hard for me to complain about a handful of winnable games in a season full of surprises. I never thought they would be a playoff team even when they were tied, or maybe ahead in a WC position earlier. There's a lot to look forward to for 2023... there's also a lot of work to do this off season.   
    • I feel like there's a default assumption that he's not a great blocker because most great pass catching TEs not named Kittle aren't.  But I've been looking out for him on running plays and this man is straight mauling people in run blocking.  He's easily Boyle's equal as a blocker even when Boyle is healthy.  But he's almost never playing tight end.   With the way he's pretty much permanently our slot receiver, having him as one of the main blockers on WR screens should be terrifying for DBs that have to shed this guy while tackling the receiver.  We put Ricard out wide a lot too, imagine Ricard and Andrews blocking for a WR screen to Bateman or Duvernay in trips.
    • Good post.  For me it doesn’t sting very much.   The team came a very long way this year.   But they were never more than a team with a puncher’s chance at the playoffs.   I’d still like to see them finish by playing a little better than they have for the last couple of weeks, to leave a good taste in our mouths after a fun season. 
    • I would want at least 3 years left for any pitcher we get in a trade.  I still think one of the young Astros starters makes the most sense.  The Astros were interested in Mullins before to upgrade their center fielder.   Elias knows that system so I like that as advantage.  Garcia, Valdez, Javier and Urquidy would be better fits because of at least 1 more year of control.  Javier would be my first choice because he has more strikeout stuff compared to other 3.  
    • Well Castillo was also dealt at the deadline and pitching usually gets more at the deadline. 
    • The Reds got two top 50ish prospects in Marte and Arroyo, plus two other solid prospects, from Seattle for 1.5 years of Luis Castillo, so 2 full years of Burnes or Woodruff (who have both been significantly better than Castillo over the last 3 years) should cost even more than that. Something like Cowser and Holliday, plus 2 or 3 more decent prospects from our top 30. Personally, I'd rather just throw a Brinks truck or two in Justin Verlander's general direction since our payroll is sub-Rays level atm.
  • Popular Contributors