The Orioles are among the teams interested in Bronson Arroyo

Greg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really. That's MiGo or Chen level. 200 innings of that would be fine.

:agree: The Orioles scored 745 runs last year, for an average of 4.60 per game. A 4.10 ERA in 200 innings wouldn't kill us, especially if we have other pitchers whose ERAs are as good or better.

If he was already on this team with the 4.10 ERA, many here in OH, would be riding him hard for it.

I don't know where you are getting this, but last year he pitched to a 3.79 in a hitter friendly park. For his career he's 4.19, but for the last couple he's been under 4. Not that ERA is a great predictor of future performance.

I don't know where you are getting this, but last year he pitched to a 3.79 in a hitter friendly park. For his career he's 4.19, but for the last couple he's been under 4. Not that ERA is a great predictor of future performance.

Does everyone just ignore the fact that he gets SHELLED in interleague games? He has the HIGHEST ERA among qualifying pitchers (I think the graphic I saw was at least 100 innings), and his ERA was north of 6 at ~200 IP. Who knows what cross section of innings that was, but that's not very good. I don't think he's ideal for the American League, and I don't really want anything to do with him on the O's.

.5 or so for coming to the AL. Proved or not it happens most of the time.

Does everyone just ignore the fact that he gets SHELLED in interleague games? He has the HIGHEST ERA among qualifying pitchers (I think the graphic I saw was at least 100 innings), and his ERA was north of 6 at ~200 IP. Who knows what cross section of innings that was, but that's not very good. I don't think he's ideal for the American League, and I don't really want anything to do with him on the O's.

1.4 HR/9 last year in the NL. Can't say I like his chances in the AL East.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!

Reds_Parade_Baseball_Reyn_t607.jpg

...and to those who think he'll get pummeled here, I've posted and reposted this thing in multiple threads all winter long.

Home runs MLB Rankings:
                                     2009  2010  2011  2012  2013Great American Ball Park              6th   8th   3rd   2nd   2ndOriole Park at Camden Yards           5th   5th   8th   5th   4th

I don't think switching stadiums would have any noticeable effect. Bronson Arroyo is an innings eater. If you look at his game logs he puts up a lot of 7IP and 3ER type of outings and then once every couple of months he gets blown up for 1.2IP and 8ER. He's thrown 200IP in 9 straight years (except for one year he pitched 199). And he's held an ERA under 4.00 for four out of the last five years.

He's not a great pitcher but he's a valuable one because of the innings and the way he gives his team a chance to win in the vast majority of his starts.

We need Arroyo for the innings (which is a vastly underrated stat). You can book him for 200 easy and the ERA won't be as high as you think.

His WHIP, which I like better, for the last two years is 1.15 and 1.2 respectively and would be tops on our team.

Arroyo was my pick at the beginning of the offseason for who I would be happy to see added to the team. Cornrows and that leg kick...I love it!!

Archived