Cast your 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot (Update: Maddux, Glavine, Thomas Elected)

Frobby

Cast your 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot  

586 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get why people still cling to the 300 victories threshold.

Face it, that went out the door, when they went to 5 man staffs, its only 162 game schedule, and several less opportunities.

Like the 20 game season winner metric. Its harder to do.

Yea only three 300 game winners on this year's ballot with another one next year. All five man staff guys.

Folks said that Ryan was going to be the last 300 win guy, how did that work out?

Yea only three 300 game winners on this year's ballot with another one next year. All five man staff guys.

Folks said that Ryan was going to be the last 300 win guy, how did that work out?[/QUOTE]

I was reading an old Bill James book recently where Early Wynn believed that he would have been the last 300 game winner as well.

FWIW, Roundtable show on MLBN last night, Harold Reynolds said the difference in the two of them is because Moose pitched his entire career in the AL East. He said put Moose in the NL and he easily matches Glavine's numbers.

Well, I guess that they need something to talk about.

There is no doubt that Mussina would have benefited from pitching in the NL.

However, Mussina did pitch for the Orioles when they were a contender, and he also pitched for some strong Yankee teams.

It wasn't like he was pitching for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in the 90's.

If Baseball Prospectus were responsible for voting for the Hall of Fame, this would be your 2014 class (complete with breakdown of each writer's ballot -- including inclusions if not limited to ten spots).

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=22522

I touched on this a little bit earlier, but why Biggio over Trammell? I could see both, or I could see neither, as they are both close, IMO. If I had to select one over the other between the two, I do think Trammell has the better case, yet it appears many people say they'd vote for Biggio, while few seem to be in Trammell's corner. Is it simply that Biggio is fresher in people's minds and that some young adults don't really even remember Trammell at all? Just curious on your take between these two fine infielders.

I touched on this a little bit earlier, but why Biggio over Trammell? I could see both, or I could see neither, as they are both close, IMO. If I had to select one over the other between the two, I do think Trammell has the better case, yet it appears many people say they'd vote for Biggio, while few seem to be in Trammell's corner. Is it simply that Biggio is fresher in people's minds and that some young adults don't really even remember Trammell at all? Just curious on your take between these two fine infielders.

Biggio has the magic number. Trammell doesn't.

I think the most disappointing thing for me is Palmeiro dropping off the ballot. What a shame.

Steroids/HGH/greenies...really gave sports journalists a hard on for screwing up the HOF. Bonds nor Clemens not getting in? Okay..sure...

They should rename it "the Baseball morality HOF" Established in 2010.

Mussina got a whooping 20.3%.

[video=youtube;1ytCEuuW2_A]

I'm sorry, objectively or subjectively, you cannot say Mike Mussina was a first ballot HOFer. He'll probably get in eventually, but no way did he deserve to get in on his first try.

That Baseball Prospectus list was interesting. I wonder why they felt comfortable voting for Bonds and Clemens, yet allowed McGwire to drop off the list for next year.

Victim of ten vote limit. If you look at the votes outside of ten (outside the green) he had enough to stick and would have garnered more attention once this big block of players was voted in and the ballot was not quite as stacked.

Archived