Orioles/WBAL Agree to Multi-Year Deal

Rene88

Glad that WBAL and the O's are in it for the long haul. Being able to tune WBAL at night is great, although they do turn their transmitter down to directional at night (during the day it's a 50k watt powerhouse). If they kept it at 50k at night, the O's could be tuned up and down the east coast because it's a Clear Channel.

I've talked to some Brits who have been able to tune WBAL using a powerful antenna on their side of the pond at night.

If you prefer FM quality, get an HD radio and tune it to WIYY HD-4. Or just get MLB At Bat for your Droid or Iphone. It doesn't use much data, and you can get the game practically anywhere you get cell signal.

I did not realize this. Thanks. Having to listen to the crappy AM signal around town was really annoying so now that I know this options exists I'll check that out.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since I live in Florida, I sign up for mlb.tv. It's about $80 for the season and includes the At Bat app. Since I'm not in BMore, I get to see some games that are blacked out up there. And if I'm out and about I listen to the O's on my phone with the app.

As much as I like to reminisce about the 60's and the nights I use to spend trying to pull in the Orioles game on my little transistor radio, this is the reality. It's hard to beat grabbing your iPad or iPhone and boom, the game's right there.

Archived