162 game suspension for A-Rod

xian4

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A-Rod suspended 162 games, one full season</p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

">January 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And banned for postseason

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For luxury tax purposes, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Yankees&src=hash">#Yankees</a> will be charged $3,155,737.70 because it is 162 games, not full year (183 days)</p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

$3 million? Not his whole salary?

The rich get richer. :ohlord:

and the Yankees get room to spend.

ETA

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For those asking: Yes, NYY get $27.5 million in relief, which gives them a much better chance of getting under $189m luxury tax threshold.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

Reading quotes from Aroid I cannot help but agree with most of his feelings. There appears to be no basis for a 162 game suspension when other guys for worse offenses are getting mere slaps on the wrist.

Hope he takes this to the Federal level and drags both Selig and the Yankees through the mud with a resounding victory.

A very big distracting media circus and negative PR stink cloud hovering over the Yankees clubhouse all season would also be greatly welcomed.

Reading quotes from Aroid I cannot help but agree with most of his feelings. There appears to be no basis for a 162 game suspension when other guys for worse offenses are getting mere slaps on the wrist.

Hope he takes this to the Federal level and drags both Selig and the Yankees through the mud with a resounding victory.

A very big distracting media circus and negative PR stink cloud hovering over the Yankees clubhouse all season would also be greatly welcomed.

It will also enable Bud to have the farewell tour he deserves as Commish.

I'm just glad he is not playing this year. AROD can still rake and he proved it at the end of last year. Now the Skanks have a hole at 3B.

I would rather they had a DH at third with a luxury tax hit of twenty odd million more then where they are now.

I was hoping for 50 games, long enough they had to spend resources to replace him but short enough the cap hit is still significant.

I would rather they had a DH at third with a luxury tax hit of twenty odd million more then where they are now.

I was hoping for 50 games, long enough they had to spend resources to replace him but short enough the cap hit is still significant.

Wasn't it already known that they wouldn't have to

pay his salary while he was suspended? I thought

players don't get paid when suspended.

I thought the real worry was they would get out of

the contract altogether.

Wasn't it already known that they wouldn't have to

pay his salary while he was suspended? I thought

players don't get paid when suspended.

I thought the real worry was they would get out of

the contract altogether.

Not the money, the cap space. Yanks don't care about $20 million, at least not like how 28 other teams do. It's about the cap hit.

The shorter the suspension, the less the cap hit.

In my opinion he should have gotten the full suspension but seeing that he'll sit out the entire 2014 season is a sweet victory for MLB. As far as going to federal court; he'd be wasting more of his money which is fine if he likes paying his legal team.

A federal court will rarely get involved in an arbitration process that has been agreed to by both parties. And while the Federal Arbitration Act does allow for a review of an arbitration decision, the review is limited to overturning awards that have been obtained due to corruption or fraud or in a case where it is evident that the arbitrator was corrupt, exhibited a complete disregard for the law or acted egregiously. A federal court will not review any facts or evidence submitted during an arbitration hearing and it will not adjust the arbitrator's ruling. Even today, the union, while saying the length of the suspension was excessive, said that they support and agree with the arbitration process. And Horowitz has a stellar reputation.

It's funny because back in August he said shouldn't even serve 1 inning. Well. it looks like he's going to serve about 1,468 innings.

Archived