Connolly: Orioles Focused on Adding SP, Not CL

luismatos4prez

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Yankees, Orioles and Twins recently requested medical records on free agent right-hander Ervin Santana.

Rosenthal adds, however, that the Yankees were just doing "due diligence" and aren't considering making a serious offer because Santana is too much of a flyball pitcher for their cozy home ballpark. The Twins are also unlikely to sign Santana because of budgetary concerns. That leaves the Orioles, who should have some money to spend. The Blue Jays have also been mentioned recently as a potential suitor.----- Per Rotowrld......

FWIW-----According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman, the Nationals, Rangers, Twins and Orioles are in on Mark Reynolds.

The Yankees discussed re-signing him earlier this winter but were only willing to offer him a minor league contract. Reynolds batted just .220/.306/.393 in 2013, but he still managed to slug 21 home runs in 135 games and power is something that is always in high demand. The 30-year-old should find a major league deal soon. Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter ..... We all know about Mr. Heyman and how reliable his sources are .... at least we know something else may be coming .....

fwiw-----according to cbs sports' jon heyman, the nationals, rangers, twins and orioles are in on mark reynolds.

The yankees discussed re-signing him earlier this winter but were only willing to offer him a minor league contract. Reynolds batted just .220/.306/.393 in 2013, but he still managed to slug 21 home runs in 135 games and power is something that is always in high demand. The 30-year-old should find a major league deal soon. Source: Jon heyman on twitter ..... We all know about mr. Heyman and how reliable his sources are .... At least we know something else may be coming .....

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass.

I hear you Hank .... I agree that ship has sailed....But we are in on -According to MASN beat reporter Roch Kubatko, the Orioles are interested in signing free agent Delmon Young to a minor league contract.

Young will be at Orioles minicamp this week, presumably for a tryout and physical exam. The 28-year-old hit .260/.307/.407 with 11 home runs and 38 RBI in 103 games between the Phillies and Rays and 2013. He could serve as a part-time DH option in 2014 for the O's. Source: Roch Kubatko on Twitter .... Guess it will come down to who bites first....stay tuned.... Looks like we are about to be disappointed ...

You could go the other way with that as well and say Jim Johnson is like Flaco. The Ravens decided to sign flaco to a long term deal which was a huge burden on their teams salary cap and caused them some of their better players and important pieces like Bouldin and their linbacker and then fell out of the playoffs because they didn't have the talent this season due to paying Flaco so much money. The Orioles could have signed Johnson to a long term contract but their is a good chance that it would cost them Hardy for the upcomming years and maybe a chance to sign someone next year.

Sigh. Flacco. Boldin. C'mon man.

And actually, Flacco only had a 6 million dollar cap hit this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh. Flacco. Boldin. C'mon man.

And actually, Flacco only had a 6 million dollar cap hit this year.

Who wanted them to sign Jim Johnson long term? They could have just paid him the 10 million for next years World Series run and then let him go or trade him midseason. At least he got some playoff experience and now he will use that experience for the A's. As it stands now they have given him away with no replacement and according to recent reports they are no longer interested in signing a closer. I am very worried about having a closer crisis, where all the guys they try at closer blows games. There are going to be alot of 1 run games.

Do I think he's a 2 win player over a full season solely based on defense? No. That's crazy talk.

So, you don't think that he is as good a fielder as his 2013 play indicated? Serious question. Do you think what he showed last year defensively is the real deal, or a small sample size freak? How do you rate him on defense?

So, you don't think that he is as good a fielder as his 2013 play indicated? Serious question. Do you think what he showed last year defensively is the real deal, or a small sample size freak? How do you rate him on defense?

I think he is a good defender -- potential 60 grade. I think the valuation of defense is highly skewed due to sample size.

Archived