Orioles have agreed to terms with OF Tyler Colvin

Greg

Maybe he's confident in his client's health. :noidea:
No one should be confident of their health when facing a PA physical. As usual I am being misunderstood. Let me rephrase the question. In whose interest would be to leak the agreement before the physical and why?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one should be confident of their health when facing a PA physical. As usual I am being misunderstood. Let me rephrase the question. In whose interest would be to leak the agreement before the physical and why?

Can a leak just be for leak sake? There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Can a leak just be for leak sake? There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
Most leaks are quite purposeful.

Again, just speaking as a physician, I think sometimes we misunderstand how serious and very different the neurosurgical issues are with Nolan Reimold. Having to redo a spinal fusion procedure is EXTRAORDINARILY risky and involves the very real likelihood that the high functioning neuromuscular activities necessary to hit a baseball at a major league level will never return to what they were. This procedure was done for the rest of Nolan's after baseball life, but whether he can produce at this level remains to be seen. But his condition and procedures are not your run of the mill, typical baseball type orthopedic procedures. I think the likelihood of him returning to the production of the Nolan Reimold we saw in the past would be a miracle. Not impossible, but a miracle.

Makin' me sad tnt, making me sad. I believe you.

Jeez. What is your agenda here? The media benefits. Media types are seeking news. They get info from friends and go with it. It really is no more than that. Enough with the cloak and dagger.
I have no agenda. But I suspect from your tone, you do. I have a question. Who is privy to a deal? The GM the agent and their people. In whose interest would it be to leak the deal in advance? Of course the media benefits, I don't begrudge Connolly for reporting it. Nobody won the last time the deal was leaked before the physical. Why risk repeating that?

I just had flashback to college. I'm hallucinating.

What if National Baseball writer Dan Connolly was my friend. And I work with SFX. It does not hurt to let my friend know that Tyler is on a plane to Baltimore.
Assuming that SFDX is his agency I don't think they would be happy about that info getting out, and if they found out it was you, you could be out of a job.

Assuming that SFDX is his agency I don't think they would be happy about that info getting out, and if they found out it was you, you could be out of a job.

Or maybe not. Maybe not. Sometimes an agency having a friend that is that well respected can come in handy.

Most leaks are quite purposeful.

I would suspect most leaks are not even leaks in the sense you are implying. If a guy gets an agreement with a team think about how many people end up having that information or enough info to put the pieces together. You seem to think the info always comes from one of the principals. Ironically the principals actually have reasons not to disclose the information, where as the FO of the other team Colvin was talking to really can make a off hand comment to a reporter indicating that they have moved on from a player because the player has an agreement with another team. this does not even get into all the people that have to help with travel arrangements, making sure the right equipment gets where it needs to get, the doorman where the player is staying. Can you not see that there are more options than the ones you focus on?

I would suspect most leaks are not even leaks in the sense you are implying. If a guy gets an agreement with a team think about how many people end up having that information or enough info to put the pieces together. You seem to think the info always comes from one of the principals. Ironically the principals actually have reasons not to disclose the information, where as the FO of the other team Colvin was talking to really can make a off hand comment to a reporter indicating that they have moved on from a player because the player has and agreement with another team. this does not even get into all the people that have to help with travel arrangements, making sure the right equipment gets where it needs to get, the doorman where the player is staying. Can you not see that there are more options than the ones you focus on?
Take the Fielder to TEX trade. How was it that all the people involved in that deal didn't leak it before it was final. I don't recall reading about Prince flying to TEX for his physical. It seems to me some teams are able to keep things quiet until things are final.

Take the Fielder to TEX trade. How was it that all the people involved in that deal didn't leak it before it was final. I don't recall reading about Prince flying to TEX for his physical. It seems to me some teams are able to keep things quiet until things are final.

The whole deal was done in 5 hours. It was also a trade. I am sure the physicals were done on both players very quickly.

The whole deal was done in 5 hours. It was also a trade. I am sure the physicals were done on both players very quickly.
The physicals were done within the 5 hours? They still had to fly to the respective cities. Think of all those travel agents, airline employees, hotel people, etc., involved. How was it possible they didn't blab?

Archived