Orioles have agreed to terms with OF Tyler Colvin

Greg

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they are currently at 172 M. If they dump some salary, like Soriano or Ichiro, they could sign both Garza and Balfour and stay under.

Oh, is that all they have to do? :rolleyes: The Yankees are one of the few teams that can take on salaries like that. Who, exactly, are they going to dump those salaries on?

Oh, is that all they have to do? :rolleyes: The Yankees are one of the few teams that can take on salaries like that. Who, exactly, are they going to dump those salaries on?
I think all but about 3 M of Soriano's salary is covered. I think a team might want to take him on for that. Do the math. Garza at 15 M and Balfour at 5M. That's 192 - 3M gets them to 189 M. Not out of the realm of possibility. Eat half of Ichiro's salary I bet they could find a taker. Do both.

I think all but about 3 M of Soriano's salary is covered. I think a team might want to take him on for that. Do the math. Garza at 15 M and Balfour at 5M. That's 192 - 3M gets them to 189 M. Not out of the realm of possibility. Eat half of Ichiro's salary I bet they could find a taker. Do both.

And then what happens if they have to call up someone from the minors? Whoops pro-rated MLB minimum puts them over.

They are going to need at least 5 million in wiggle room for in season moves.

How so? Sounds like you think it is a bad business practice to inspect what you expect.
Wait! The knee/wrist stuff is REAL?

I think the better question is who leaked the Balfour injury info. My guess is someone on the Orioles side (who else would leak that? Certainly not Balfour's side).

That is very dangerous leaking that, I smell a big grievance if determined we leaked it. True low class crap.

You don't question an organization that does something like that if true?

The apologists all point to Balfour was damaged, due diligence, don't blame the poor O's, blah blah.

All I know is this organization has a crappy track record on signing anyone so why in the world do people trust what the O's brass are feeding you?

Same people that believed the Angelos interviews in the Balt Sun about "mAking a big splash" year after year...

No matter how many dysfunctional patterns you see, it will only come through in an orange tint to some. Doesn't really matter what evidence or numerous red flags you observe. What has this organization done (other then lock up Buck and AJ) to earn your trust? Not much. But hey, I am sure leaking Balfour's injuries is truly professional and he gets what he has coming to him, right? Our doctors always are honest and would never do things as a negotiation ploy...never. Our reputation is rock solid:)

It isn't about Colvin or Balfour necessarily it's about a culture of distrust (to the fans, to free agents and even to the plAyers themselves which are disappointed year after year from no marque signings) and the way the Orioles carry out their business on a variety of fronts.

What have they done to earn our trust? Why do you blindly take the Orioles side is my question. I don't confuse fandom with blind allegiances.

I think the better question is who leaked the Balfour injury info. My guess is someone on the Orioles side (who else would leak that? Certainly not Balfour's side).

That is very dangerous leaking that, I smell a big grievance if determined we leaked it. True low class crap.

The apologists all point to Balfour was damaged, due diligence, don't blame the poor O's, blah blah.

All I know is this organization has a crappy track record on signing anyone so why in the world do people trust what the O's brass are feeding you?

Same people that believed the Angelos interviews in the Balt Sun about "mAking a big splash" year after year...

No matter how many dysfunctional patterns you see, it will only come through in an orange tint to some. Doesn't really matter what evidence or numerous red flags you observe. What has this organization done (other then lock up Buck and AJ) to earn your trust? Not much. But hey, I am sure leaking Balfour's injuries is truly professional and he gets what he has coming to him, right? Our doctors always are honest and would never do things as a negotiation ploy...never. Our reputation is rock solid:)

It isn't about Colvin or Balfour necessarily it's about a culture of distrust (to the fans, to free agents and even to the plAyers themselves which are disappointed year after year from no marque signings) and the way the Orioles carry out their business on a variety of fronts.

What have they done to earn our trust? Why do you blindly take the Orioles side is my question. I don't confuse fandom with blind allegiances.

An excellent post. But sorry just to relevant for this forum. Makes too much sense.

You make some good points, however, there is no evidence that the Orioles leaked word of Balfour's wrist and knee injuries. While I believe that this information probably came from the Orioles side, good luck to Balfour's camp proving it in a grievance situation. While you make some good points about your general distrust of Angelos and the Orioles, you lose me with the bolded. Where is there any evidence that the Orioles medical staff is dishonest? They may be over cautious from your point of view, but you do not have any proof that they acted in a dishonest manner.

If' date=' IF, if, Colvin has been signed and passed the physical and they are just trying to make 40 man room, what move would you make to get Colvin on it? Who would you drop?[/quote']

For like the 4th time in this thread, they don't need to make room for him because Patton doesn't count.

Archived