Boras & Wieters v. Smouse?

TonySoprano

249 BABIP is unlucky but Matt has only been over 300 one season. Sometimes it isn't just bad luck. I think his 283 career number is about all you can reasonably expect from him.

Its not just BABIP though. Go look at his ratio batting numbers on BBRef. They tell a story of a guy who is primed to bounce back next year.

LD% increased big time last year.

XBH% remained constant

SO% fell

BB% fell (that and horrid BABIP big reason for big plunge in OBP)

HR% constant

The BABIP combined with all those other numbers tells a pretty big story to me.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not just BABIP though. Go look at his ratio batting numbers on BBRef. They tell a story of a guy who is primed to bounce back next year.

LD% increased big time last year.

XBH% remained constant

SO% fell

BB% fell (that and horrid BABIP big reason for big plunge in OBP)

HR% constant

The BABIP combined with all those other numbers tells a pretty big story to me.

The point I was making that his career BABIP is well under 300 and that should be considered when looking at least season's numbers.

I do expect a better year offensively from him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Matt Wieters has filed at $8.75M and the Orioles at $6.5M. He made $5.5M in 2013.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">January 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Matt Wieters has filed at $8.75M and the Orioles at $6.5M. He made $5.5M in 2013.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

7.625 middle ground.

I don't think Boras is going to go to arbitration at $8.75 I don't see how he can justify an almost 60% pay increase.

I think they have to fight that and win it. Splitting the difference would be too much.

I think they have to fight that and win it. Splitting the difference would be too much.

Yep. 2011-2013, Wieters' WAR: 5.1; 3.6; 0.4 (oWAR: 3.3; 3.2; 1.7 / dWAR: 2.7; 1.3; -0.3). OPS+: 110; 107; 88.

Two interesting stats: GDP dropped from 17 in 2012 to 7 last season, while Sac Flies have risen significantly: 1 (2011); 3; 12.

Yep. 2011-2013, Wieters' WAR: 5.1; 3.6; 0.4 (oWAR: 3.3; 3.2; 1.7 / dWAR: 2.7; 1.3; -0.3). OPS+: 110; 107; 88.

Two interesting stats: GDP dropped from 17 in 2012 to 7 last season, while Sac Flies have risen significantly: 1 (2011); 3; 12.

I hope Boras goes to Arbitration banking on Sac Flies.

Do they lose the last 3 seasons in arbitration or just the last season. If they use the last season if I were Wieters I would just take the Orioles offer right now so he doesn't have to hear how awful he was.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Scott Boras reps Wieters. Orioles have not lost an arb case since 1995 when Boras repped Ben McDonald. Os beat Boras in 2006 w Rodrigo Lopez</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Scott Boras reps Wieters. Orioles have not lost an arb case since 1995 when Boras repped Ben McDonald. Os beat Boras in 2006 w Rodrigo Lopez</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Russell was not the Orioles representation on that one.

Do they lose the last 3 seasons in arbitration or just the last season. If they use the last season if I were Wieters I would just take the Orioles offer right now so he doesn't have to hear how awful he was.

He will hear how great he is from scOttie! :2yay-thumb:

Archived