Passan: Orioles Unwillingness to Spend Hurting Team

Rene88

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When they say it not about the money, it's about the money.

suEEze drilled a saying into my head. Whenever you have one of those questions in your head, the answer is always the money.

Why do they have tamper-proof seals on otc drugs?

Because of the whole Tylenol thing.

Because they don't want to get sued for the whole Tylenol thing.

Money.

suEEze drilled a saying into my head. Whenever you have one of those questions in your head, the answer is always the money.

Why do they have tamper-proof seals on otc drugs?

Because of the whole Tylenol thing.

Because they don't want to get sued for the whole Tylenol thing.

Money.

Why do that print on plastic bags that seal the item you purchased, this is not a toy.

Money.

Money.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ciNRYHj_nqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Money it's a gas

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream,

Think I'll buy me a baseball team.

I think we have seen enough of these articles posted already. We know the Orioles haven't spent money this off-season.

Well, there's literally nothing else to talk about when it's snowing. Why don't you run off and start a nice big thread about how happy you are with the team's direction? You and all the other folks who are thrilled at our inactivity can just sit around and be satisfied - while us grumpy, "insane" people can continue to raise our concerns.

Our rotation lacks depth and experience. We have no viable closer that I can tell. We have serious holes at 2B, DH and depending on how you look at it, our bench.

But no, you're right. Let's talk about how great Hunter will be as our closer.

Well, there's literally nothing else to talk about when it's snowing. Why don't you run off and start a nice big thread about how happy you are with the team's direction? You and all the other folks who are thrilled at our inactivity can just sit around and be satisfied - while us grumpy, "insane" people can continue to raise our concerns.

Our rotation lacks depth and experience. We have no viable closer that I can tell. We have serious holes at 2B, DH and depending on how you look at it, our bench.

But no, you're right. Let's talk about how great Hunter will be as our closer.

If you can't see the absolute logjam of pitchers hoping to get signed and the whole 30 of the teams not signing anyone...

and you draw from that that PA is yanking hard on the reigns to curb spending and the offseason is already over.... I don't think anything I can say can help you.

Available yesterday morning 1-20-14 courtesy Roch courtesy MLBTradeRumors.com:

Bronson Arroyo (37)

Scott Baker (32)

Erik Bedard (35)

A.J. Burnett (37)

Chris Capuano (35)

Bruce Chen (37)

Freddy Garcia (37)

Jon Garland (34)

Matt Garza (30)

Chad Gaudin (31)

Jason Hammel (31)

Tommy Hanson (27)

Aaron Harang (36)

Ubaldo Jimenez (30)

Jair Jurrjens (28)

Jeff Karstens (31)

Paul Maholm (32)

Jason Marquis (35)

Daisuke Matsuzaka (33)

James McDonald (29)

Jeff Niemann (31)

Roy Oswalt (35)

Clayton Richard (30)

Ervin Santana (31)

Johan Santana (34)

Joe Saunders (33)

Masahiro Tanaka (25)

Jake Westbrook (36)

Jerome Williams (32)

Suk-Min Yoon (27)

Barry Zito (36)

Here's a great article, which may have been posted before, but it is a great primer on our onerous owner, and how his mind works or doesn't work.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/08/26/Franchises/Peter-Angelos.aspx

Baseball is essentially frivolous, right? A glorified circus. “That’s how he’d refer to it,” says Joe Foss, who helped engineer your purchase of the team and worked as its COO until 2007. “‘It’s a carny. They’re always on the road, it’s not a normal lifestyle, you’re selling things for a few dollars here and a few dollars there. It’s a roving carnival, and all the people who work in it are beneath the dignity of an attorney.’ That’s what he’d say.”

hmmm.....

Archived