Brewers get Garza for 4 years 52m (4 for 50 Official)

Greg

I'm glad you bumped this thread Offy...

I posted this in Jan and got quite an upheaval from posters

Wish we could still do bets here at the OH. I'd bet that Britton makes more starts than Garza in 2014 and has at least two thirds of his numbers for a fraction of the cost.

While I will probably not win the point about games started (I still hold Garza will most likely miss significant time due to injury), lets take a look at the numbers through 5/5...

IP   BAA  BB/9  K/9  WHIP   ERA   bWARGarza    42.0  .263   3.0  7.5  1.38  4.93   -0.3Britton  18.1  .169   2.9  6.4  0.92  0.98    0.8

My prediction may not be 100% but I still hold that Britton will out perform Garza at a fraction of the cost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad you bumped this thread Offy...

I posted this in Jan and got quite an upheaval from posters

While I will probably not win the point about games started (I still hold Garza will most likely miss significant time due to injury), lets take a look at the numbers through 5/5...

IP   BAA  BB/9  K/9  WHIP   ERA   bWARGarza    42.0  .263   3.0  7.5  1.38  4.93   -0.3Britton  18.1  .169   2.9  6.4  0.92  0.98    0.8

My prediction may not be 100% but I still hold that Britton will out perform Garza at a fraction of the cost.

Just bumping this thread in light of tonight's game. I still hold that Garza would have been a bad signing.

Archived