Brewers get Garza for 4 years 52m (4 for 50 Official)

Greg

I'd still rather the consistency from Arroyo. Garza was too hot and cold and not nearly durable enough to be an anchor for a rotation full of question marks. Still a nice contract but I just hope that lowers all remaining FA demands.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Fred Ferreira can just be our GM.

I mean... don't get me wrong, I used to get twisted about the Orioles not being big spenders just as much as the next Trea.

But I just don't care about the offseason anymore. They've played meaningful baseball into September the past two seasons. That's a good thing. If I could literally fast forward through November, December, January and half of February every year I would do it in 2 seconds. Especially this year b/c it's friggin' ridiculously cold outside.

I typically have not cared about pure spending when it comes to the O's. What gets me is when there are moves that make a ton of sense that don't get made for no real reason at all. I think Duquette is smart and has made some nice moves/finds during both seasons, but I'm not sure why he keeps having these PR misteps (Korea, Balfour) or why he's adamantly against international posting (perhaps Angelos-driven). Furthermore, if he doesn't believe he's going to extend Wieters or Davis, he has to take advantage of the window of opportunity.

I expect them to be a winning team this year and I expect Dan to make some solid moves mid-season. But I wish we knew what his plan was, that's all.

You really think DD is the one at fault here? Come on you know who is driving these moves or lack of moves.

Steve (Brooklyn)

Garza gets 4/52 from the Brewers. Not bad.

Klaw (1:23 PM)

Great for him. Disaster for them. Of course, with that money, he can replace the screw in his elbow with one made of solid gold.

Lots of teams scared off by his medicals.

Steve (Brooklyn)

Garza gets 4/52 from the Brewers. Not bad.

Klaw (1:23 PM)

Great for him. Disaster for them. Of course, with that money, he can replace the screw in his elbow with one made of solid gold.

Lots of teams scared off by his medicals.

Oh so NOW Law's word is golden, while the board trashes him at every turn otherwise?

Got it.

You really think DD is the one at fault here? Come on you know who is driving these moves or lack of moves.

Therein lies part of the reason I'd like to fast foward through the offseason. It's a bunch of hype that never pans out and then you have to hear about EVERY SINGLE SIGNING that everyone else makes like it'd be our springboard to the AL East title.

People, hear me: The Orioles will never be major players in free agency as long as Angelos owns the team. Everyone understand that?

Oh so NOW Law's word is golden, while the board trashes him at every turn otherwise?

Got it.

I don't agree with most of what Law said but got to agree with him on this one. I don't need the sarcasm from an a**hat like you, either.

Are people really upset by this? Did anyone think that Garza was under consideration by the Orioles? Me? I'm glad an NL team got him. That way, if somehow he is good and stays healthy for 4 years, the impact on the Orioles is minimal. Huge gamble by Milwaukee, IMO. They can little afford for this to bust on them - and by by estimation that does seem like a considerable possibility.

Archived