Maddux and LaRussa won't have logos on their caps on their HOF plaques

Frobby

Perhaps instead of identifying the player with a principal team, the plaques should identify the player's agent instead. That's what baseball is coming to.

I think it should be the logo of the team that drafted them and they would have played with for 20 years if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their consarned free agency!

This leads me to believe Mussina will have a blank cap on his plaque.

With luck, he'll never have the choice.

I don't mind La Russa snubbing the Cards. I'd have rather seen Torre with a Cardinal cap in the HOF, but he chose to go in as a Yankee. Considering that he grew up in the Brooklyn and had his greatest managerial success in pinstripes, it makes sense.

With luck, he'll never have the choice.

I don't mind La Russa snubbing the Cards. I'd have rather seen Torre with a Cardinal cap in the HOF, but he chose to go in as a Yankee. Considering that he grew up in the Brooklyn and had his greatest managerial success in pinstripes, it makes sense.

He's not in the Hall as a player (though he was a good one), so it's clear he's a Yankee, as he spent the vast majority of his managerial career there, and probably wouldn't be in the Hall as a maanger except that he landed on the team that could afford the highest payroll in baseball. (To be fair, his early success with the Yankees was before they went totally nuts on payroll, though they were still at or very near the top of the scale.)

He's not in the Hall as a player (though he was a good one), so it's clear he's a Yankee, as he spent the vast majority of his managerial career there, and probably wouldn't be in the Hall as a maanger except that he landed on the team that could afford the highest payroll in baseball. (To be fair, his early success with the Yankees was before they went totally nuts on payroll, though they were still at or very near the top of the scale.)

Gene Michael and our beloved Bucky set him up nicely between 1992 and 1995 (with help from Fay Vincent, who booted George Steinbrenner out of baseball for two years, which allowed Michael and Showlater to rebuild the franchise without his continued maniacal/impulsive interference.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived