Orioles interested in Jeff Baker?

fearthenoodle

Jeff Baker - OF - Rangers

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Marlins have agreed to a two-year deal with infielder/outfielder Jeff Baker.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the deal is worth $3.7 million total and that Baker could earn an additional $500,000 in bonuses in each season. The 32-year-old hit .279/.360/.545 with 11 home runs in 74 games last season with the Rangers and should be a useful part-time player with Miami.

Related: Marlins

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeff Baker - OF - Rangers

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Marlins have agreed to a two-year deal with infielder/outfielder Jeff Baker.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the deal is worth $3.7 million total and that Baker could earn an additional $500,000 in bonuses in each season. The 32-year-old hit .279/.360/.545 with 11 home runs in 74 games last season with the Rangers and should be a useful part-time player with Miami.

Related: Marlins

He could have been a biggest "splash" all offseason.

Go O's! You make us proud.

I'm all for signing Jeff, he's would be fine insurance to have as a utility man. I would be very excited to sign Ginger as well, though not many MLB teams use a double bass set, and at his age, he might not have much left.ginger-baker.jpg

He sounded great when I saw him this year.

Archived