Betemit gets minor league deal with Tampa Bay

Redskins Rick

Ugh... not sure what Dan is thinking for DHvsRHP. But I guess he thinks Urrutia is better than people think.

Could be, but, I fear the fan base expect Urrutia to be the next Manny, so they are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

I suspect Urrutia can be a good ball player, but not expecting super star stuff from him.

Could be, but, I fear the fan base expect Urrutia to be the next Manny, so they are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

I suspect Urrutia can be a good ball player, but not expecting super star stuff from him.

If by "the next Manny," you mean someone who can post a .740ish OPS like Manny has the last two years, I think there's good chance Urrutia could do that.

If by "the next Manny," you mean someone who can post a .740ish OPS like Manny has the last two years, I think there's good chance Urrutia could do that.

Manny has speed and an ability to be a doubles machines. I think he fell into a sophomore slump after the ASG and I suspect his career OPS will probably not stay at .740ish. Note, Manny was only up for 51 games the year before, he is still a work in progress.

I also think his power will also increase as his body continues to mature.

Not sure, we can expect that from Urrutia.

Manny has speed and an ability to be a doubles machines. I think he fell into a sophomore slump after the ASG and I suspect his career OPS will probably not stay at .740ish. Note, Manny was only up for 51 games the year before, he is still a work in progress.

I also think his power will also increase as his body continues to mature.

Not sure, we can expect that from Urrutia.

Manny's ceiling>>>>>Urrutia. I'd be hugely disappointed if Manny didn't reel off many .800+ OPS seasons in his prime. I'm just saying I think Urrutia in 2014 could has a good chance to match the kind of OPS that Manny put up as a 20-21 year old in 2012-13. I think Urruria could have an .800 OPS season or two in his future, though maybe not in 2014.

Archived