Yoon Suk-min pitches for O's and Giants

Can_of_corn

His slider looks good but that might be from all the swings and misses he's getting. I'm not so sure major league hitters would swing at it as much. Either way, he has starter and closing experience and he should not cost a lot. Considering the general affordability of Chens contract and Chens numbers are better I think something like 2/8 could make it happen.

I'm more impressed by his change-up, esp. how he throws it against LH hitters--something both Norris and Hunter are in dire need of.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I'm not buying this PC BS. That's not what it's about. If I'm a racist then everyone on this board is too.

No, only the people who say "me likey" in reference to Asian players are racist (or at least offensive). As an Asian, I don't really care, I am used to stupid crap and it does not both me. But since it is out there I agree that it is inappropriate. It certainly does not add anything to the discussion.

No, only the people who say "me likey" in reference to Asian players are racist (or at least offensive). As an Asian, I don't really care, I am used to stupid crap and it does not both me. But since it is out there I agree that it is inappropriate. It certainly does not add anything to the discussion.
I'm an actor and I know a lot about dialects. If I wanted to make fun of it, I would have substituted R's for L's and vice versa. That's the clich?. My intent was to make fun of PA. I hope I didn't offend you, it was certainly not my intention. BTW I would suppose by the high standards of the OH any one who enjoys SOUTH PACIC is a racist as well.

[video=youtube;XG9E_E_GTpM]

I'm an actor and I know a lot about dialects. If I wanted to make fun of it, I would have substituted R's for L's and vice versa. That's the clich?. My intent was to make fun of PA. I hope I didn't offend you, it was certainly not my intention. BTW I would suppose by the high standards of the OH any one who enjoys SOUTH PACIC is a racist as well.
What may have been acceptable in 1958 is not today. It would have been better to stop at an apology and move on. I did ask that this get back on topic and won't a third time.

What may have been acceptable in 1958 is not today. I did ask that this get back on topic and won't a third time.
I wouldn't be surprised that subtleties might be lost on someone who identifies with a fictional NJ mobster. SOUTH PACIFIC was surprisingly anti racist for it's time. GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER was too, though it would seem creaky today.

What may have been acceptable in 1958 is not today. It would have been better to stop at an apology and move on. I did ask that this get back on topic and won't a third time.
I wouldn't be surprised that subtleties might be lost on someone who identifies with a fictional NJ mobster. SOUTH PACIFIC was surprisingly anti racist for it's time. GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER was too, though it would seem creaky today.

Can we please not get my thread locked? I asked Dan questions on Twitter and everything.

Talk about a derailment...

Can we please not get my thread locked? I asked Dan questions on Twitter and everything.

Talk about a derailment...

let me get it back on track before I'm banned. I think DD would take a risk with this guy as you say on a one year deal, but I think PA would have serious qualms. I really think DD has to run every thing by PA now a days.

Archived