Schmuck Gives a Dose of Financial Reality

TonySoprano

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I agree we don't have the figures I certainly think that MASN is generating a great deal of revenue, especially considering the dearth of programming. How many viewers you think they average when it isn't baseball season?

I'm not sure. I'm like Frobby in thinking we'll perhaps never know any of the real numbers but I have little doubt that something between Frobby's option 1 and my 1a is the truth.

You could have bought silver in 2009 and quadrupled your money in two years.

AG-5Y-LG.png

When do you get out?

I'm exaggerating with the dartboard analogy but someone would have to be a fool to throw every dollar into any ONE thing. Everyone knows enough to diversify at least a bit.

I see what you're saying but rich people are smart enough to wait the market out when it plummets. The only people that were selling at pennies on the dollar were the ones that don't understand the most basic strategy of investing.

The world teetered on the brink to total economic collapse. Some people chose to still stay rich.

I'm exaggerating with the dartboard analogy but someone would have to be a fool to throw every dollar into any ONE thing. Everyone knows enough to diversify at least a bit.

Diversity does no good when you are not talking about working in markets, but total collapse of all markets.

Oh I know.

I am just pointing out that bubbles happen and that the stock markets strength, combined with the underlying economy's weakness, might indicate that its' continued growth is not sustainable.

Then again I am apparently illiterate so what do I know?

Diversity does no good when you are not talking about working in markets, but total collapse of all markets.

Again, every investor knows 2008's have happened before and will happen again. It's foolish to pull out for pennies on the dollar. Extremely wealthy people like Angelos aren't foolish.

Again, every investor knows 2008's have happened before and will happen again. It's foolish to pull out for pennies on the dollar. Extremely wealthy people like Angelos aren't foolish.

Of course during the big crash(1929) those that pulled out for pennies on the dollar ended up better then those that stayed in.

Oh I know.

I am just pointing out that bubbles happen and that the stock markets strength, combined with the underlying economy's weakness, might indicate that its' continued growth is not sustainable.

Then again I am apparently illiterate so what do I know?

We will all pay for the rest of our lives for correcting that bubble that was over the edge. People who are long term investors should be very grateful.

We will all pay for the rest of our lives for correcting that bubble that was over the edge. People who are long term investors should be very grateful.

For instance, if you owned GM stock pre bankruptcy, you do know how much your current booming GM stock is worth. As a long term investor. Zero. It's a different stock. that stock you owned was liquidated.

Of course during the big crash(1929) those that pulled out for pennies on the dollar ended up better then those that stayed in.

It took a while but the market recovered.

Maybe we should push the stock market conversation aside and focus on the O's financials. Again, the simple fact for me is the separate entity stance is unacceptable and unethical and it bothers me greatly.

Archived