Lough... leadoff... why?

Barnaby Graves

It's hard to look good when you're hitting .100 but I don't think he looks bad at all.

Ok, well he looks like he's pressing at the very least. On more than one AB he's went after a pitch out of the zone, but again it could be just a matter of trying to hard. I like his effort. No questioning his 'want to' as Buck likes to say.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hard to look good when you're hitting .100 but I don't think he looks bad at all.

The guy hit .280 ish last year. He will hit better and I think we need to be patient. That's said I would feel better about if Buck batted him 9 until he got going. Sadly in his last three season in the minors and 1700 abs he only walked 100 times. So he's not the OBP player that you hoped the Orioles would get to replace McLouth.

The guy hit .280 ish last year. He will hit better and I think we need to be patient. That's said I would feel better about if Buck batted him 9 until he got going. Sadly in his last three season in the minors and 1700 abs he only walked 100 times. So he's not the OBP player that you hoped the Orioles would get to replace McLouth.

You can't get one of those for Valencia.

Lough would make a decent 4th OF IMO.

At AAA the guy in 1700 PA was hitting .295/.348 OBP roughly averaged 10 HRS per @ Omaha.

All that sounds pretty promising until you take into account its the PCL which is legendary for inflated offensive numbers. http://www.hardballtimes.com/minor-league-run-environments/. While the stats in that article were accumulated from 2007-2009 they are in line with the numbers seen during Loughs tenure at Omaha.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Spot on.

For what we gave up we got back as much or perhaps more (over the long term)

Idk, Danny V manning 3B right now, little more pop in the lineup and it gives Delmon a chance to spread his wings in LF. :D

In a perfect world I'd rather he hit 9th as well but its not like we have any great options to lead off right now. The guy has 17 PA. He's a better hitter than he's shown so far and anything that keeps us from having Cruz and Markakis in the outfield at the same time is fine by me. I'm pretty confident that Lough is going to be very far down on our list of problems going forward.

Archived