Would you rather have Chris Davis or Freddie Freeman for the next eight years?

Frobby

Which player would you prefer from now through 2021?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you prefer from now through 2021?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty simple question. Freeman is 23, Davis is 27. Freeman posted an .897 OPS last season, Davis 1.004. Freeman is more of a BA/OBP guy, Davis more of a power guy. If you're committed to one through 2021, which is it?

I had no idea that the O's could get Freddie Freeman.

Freeman should be cheaper. Has three arbitration years yet. 8/135 covers years 24-31. Those are probably better years than going for 28-35.

Right now Freeman is a better deal because he is signed. Its questionable if the O's can sign Davis.

Frobby, I went with Davis as I remember the years when we had no power at all. I think the Orioles will improve as they are drafting better. I sure would like to see us drafting and developing more position players. The streak of not drafting and developing a power hitting 1B goes all the way back to Eddie Murray which is unacceptable and probably couldn't be done another thirty plus years if they avoided 1B all together.

Freeman is the pretty obvious choice

Younger, Higher BA, OBP will continue to improve thur his peak 26-28 years.

CD, high SO, power guy who has probably had his best year and will become a .260/.320/.500 type guy 35HRs, 110 RBIs

good but Freeman is likely to be a > .900 OPS guy for the next five years and may com close to matching CD's power as he enters his peak years. Not really that tough a choice. The Braves made an excellent move

Freeman should be cheaper. Has three arbitration years yet. 8/135 covers years 24-31. Those are probably better years than going for 28-35.

Right now Freeman is a better deal because he is signed. Its questionable if the O's can sign Davis.

To be fair it didn't seem like not having Davis over the period was part of the equation. Who wouldn't take the sure thing over the guy the front office is likely to let walk?

I meant to leave the contract stuff out of it. Just which player do you think will be better over that time frame.

I meant to leave the contract stuff out of it. Just which player do you think will be better over that time frame.

Power, immense power, is a specific rarity in today's game. Chris was always supposed to hit with power. I like his plate coverage the last two years. I think he has evolved.

Looking at it that way, I think Freeman will be the better player. I hate saying that, because I have been a fan of Davis for a while. The age is the most important factor.

I would have to say - I don't know. It should be close.

I think Freemen signing for 8/135 makes my estimate for Davis at 8/146 look pretty good. Freeman had one more arbitration year left than Davis which lowers Freeman contract.

Archived