O's sign Cust to minor league deal (w/ Custer Reprise)

mdbdotcom

I wish Roch would just not tweet about minor league signings. He should know by now that a ton of his followers are too immature to realize that Dan needs to have 25 guys on the AAA roster in April too.

If the Orioles signing someone to sit on the bench in the minor leagues is enough to work you into a rage, I think you need to take a long look in the mirror.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck says he can tell how his pitchers are doing by watching the hitters. Maybe he needs some guys who have an eye and can crush to test his pitchers. Jack is definitely a workout warrior and one of those guys for practice.

And maybe some of his OBP-ness will rub off on other future Orioles.

Let's see

Flunked last time he was here and chased out of town

Been out of the game for how many years

Cheap

Fits our criteria Check

You do understand that he is not with the Orioles in spring training to actually play for the major league team at any point don't you? Do you know what the average salary of a minor league contract veteran with no major league camp invite is? I am all for throwing what ever rocks you want at Mr. Angelos. This is not one of those opportunities.

Killed him a b'ar, when he was only three.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_6A1WUHGLzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=25603025&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

It's just Jack.

I honestly thought this was a joke. This rumor is what provoked me to start the thread "Orioles sign Garrett Atkins to MiL deal". It seemed just as silly to me, I truly cannot believe this nonsense.

Sure, no harm, no foul. BUT what people are overlooking is this-time and energy and resources are spent on signings like this. Effort that should be going elsewhere. That is my point.

Disappointing. Unbelievable. Laughable. Typical Orioles offseason.

I truly feel sorry for you.

Archived