The Duquette Doubletalk

birdcrazy

But we've done nothing but win under Duquette...

This last season was hardly a success! Getting to the big dance is the goal. 8 games above .500 with a few gaping holes and they dumped their closer and have otherwise failed to improve any where...all the while dumpster diving for MILB free agents and AAAA players. Can you really blame anybody that would invest large amounts of their time on an Orioles blog site to be happy with the offseason that the Orioles have had? I find it appalling that someone so invested in the team would make excuses for Angelos and by extension to DD. Personally I don't blame Duquette ...he's just toeing the Angelos company line like every other GM here since Gillick walked away. He wanted back into MLB baseball and accepted one of the worst jobs in baseball as if he had any other choice. Dan's moves while GMs with other teams proves he dan make good trades and sign free agents....the constant for this team is the evil dictator!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has probably been the worst offseason for the Orioles since the days of Syd Thrift.

I don't blame Duquette one bit.

We all know what the real problem is. We have the worst owner in professional sports.

You guys are funny. You bash the guy for trashing Duquette and calling him "unintelligent".

You all, not just 3 Run Homer, blaming PA solely for the inadequacies of this FO, is just as "unintelligent".

Duquette certainly has to be held accountable for 2 off-seasons, where very few additions were made, to get us to the playoffs.

He HAS promised things that he has not delivered on. I would rather him say nothing. At least it would match what he done to improve the O's, for 2 straight off-seasons.

You guys are funny. You bash the guy for trashing Duquette and calling him "unintelligent".

You all, not just 3 Run Homer, blaming PA solely for the inadequacies of this FO, is just as "unintelligent".

Duquette certainly has to be held accountable for 2 off-seasons, where very few additions were made, to get us to the playoffs.

He HAS promised things that he has not delivered on. I would rather him say nothing. At least it would match what he done to improve the O's, for 2 straight off-seasons.

Wait a second he did sign Balfour. It isn't his fault Balfour couldn't pass the Orioles physical.

The only thing I can think of as a positive. Is that they might be bankrolling the money to re-sign CD. In the meantime hoping that Wallace can work some magic with the pitchers we have. :scratchchinhmm:

I don't know about bankrolling. O's have never seemed to do that before. They're like the government. Money you don't spend this year is money lost.

I don't know about bankrolling. O's have never seemed to do that before. They're like the government. Money you don't spend this year is money lost.

Yeah, it's a reach I know. I'm trying to pump myself up I guess. Because I think I'm losing faith that anything good is going to happen for us.

At this point I think if a league came around to compete with MLB. That I'd jump ship. Just as long as they had a semi-local team. I'm tired of the owners and the players at this point.

Thank you for this. Nobody sober can give Duquette a pass for the last two off seasons.

Yeah, it's a reach I know. I'm trying to pump myself up I guess. Because I think I'm losing faith that anything good is going to happen for us.

At this point I think if a league came around to compete with MLB. That I'd jump ship. Just as long as they had a semi-local team. I'm tired of the owners and the players at this point.

I'm not tired of the players. They are the main reason I still watch. This is my 59th season as an O's fan, and Manny is one of the most exciting players I have seen in all that time. So is Davis and Jones and Wieters is the best all around C I have seen in that time. It's a good team. I'm excited to watch what Gausman does, and Tillman, and Henry. And Buck is the best manager since Earl IMO. Once the season starts it's easy to forget the Grinch.

But we've done nothing but win under Duquette...

Being a GM is like being president in that it takes a few years for things that happened on your watch to pan out. Duquette won for two years based on a team built by McPhail.

Since Duquette has been here, he has NOT signed a major free agent.

Most of what he has done has been dumpster diving and international stuff. His trades have not been good ones thus far.

Archived