The Duquette Doubletalk

birdcrazy

I'm not tired of the players. They are the main reason I still watch. This is my 59th season as an O's fan, and Manny is one of the most exciting players I have seen in all that time. So is Davis and Jones and Wieters is the best all around C I have seen in that time. It's a good team. I'm excited to watch what Gausman does, and Tillman, and Henry. And Buck is the best manager since Earl IMO. Once the season starts it's easy to forget the Grinch.

I think I misspoke. I really didn't mean the players themselves. A lot of the owners, yes. When I lumped them all together what I really meant was the system that is MLB. I'm just tired of it's complete inequity. You start rooting for a guy and then before you know it he's gone.

I just think they should have a FA cap. Not a salary cap per se but a cap on the FA signings you can make per year.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yet we're better than we've been since 1997. :scratchchinhmm:

Take away the trades McPail made, and this is a 70 win team.

On the flipside, give the team a solid #1 and a good OBP hitter, on the free agent market and they could have went deep in the playoffs the last two years.

Take away the trades McPail made, and this is a 70 win team.

On the flipside, give the team a solid #1 and a good OBP hitter, on the free agent market and they could have went deep in the playoffs the last two years.

Don't waste your breathe. It will not be understood anyway.

GM, manager, I don't really care There's ONE GUY who held this team back from REALLY winning for

longer then I care to remember, and sadly he's at the top of the $$$ chain. Oh we my catch lighting in

a bottle once and awhile, THANK HEAVENS for the wild card, but win big and often nope, nah, nada.

Love when we win still watch on TV, but do I have big expectations for the O's? LOL NO WAY. Allows me

to keep some sanity LOL

Not while we have

The worst owner in all of pro sports.

One thing that is starting to bother me is how Duquette constantly says the opposite of what he does.

I am talking things like-

-Indicating you have interest in resigning Roberts, McLouth and Feldman, but never even making an offer.

- Saying you will tender Jim Johnson a contract and trading him before doing so.

- Saying we are "Trying to win now" while managing an off season that has been mostly about subtraction.

- Saying he had extension talks with Davis, but then it turns out whatever was discussed was so insignificant that Davis was never even told.

- Saying in every interview how the Orioles need a frontline starting pitcher, then even when we get down the wire and players get a little desperate, not doing what it takes to close deals.

- Voiding two contracts over physicals, then continually looking at players coming off major injuries (Yoon).

Cross at least one item off your list. The only one I cared about.

GM, manager, I don't really care There's ONE GUY who held this team back from REALLY winning for

longer then I care to remember, and sadly he's at the top of the $$$ chain. Oh we my catch lighting in

a bottle once and awhile, THANK HEAVENS for the wild card, but win big and often nope, nah, nada.

Love when we win still watch on TV, but do I have big expectations for the O's? LOL NO WAY. Allows me

to keep some sanity LOL

Not while we have

The worst owner in all of pro sports.

I think some believe Loria is the worst owner in all pro sports and with the Wilpons in New York who dont have many fans in love with their owner, and dont forget Kansas and Pittsburg who many believe have lousy owners.

Lots of bad owners in MLB, and hard to say which one sucks more.

I think some believe Loria is the worst owner in all pro sports and with the Wilpons in New York who dont have many fans in love with their owner, and dont forget Kansas and Pittsburg who many believe have lousy owners.

Lots of bad owners in MLB, and hard to say which one sucks more.

Marlins, Mets, Royals and Bucs all have lower payrolls than us. (Not sure about the Mets...)

Just sayin'...

Marlins, Mets, Royals and Bucs all have lower payrolls than us. (Not sure about the Mets...)

Just sayin'...

Tampa and Kansas are true small market cities.

New York is big market

Not sure about the market for Miami, but I am guessing big market.

So how does the size of their market, make the owner good or bad?

Tampa and Kansas are true small market cities.

New York is big market

Not sure about the market for Miami, but I am guessing big market.

So how does the size of their market, make the owner good or bad?

Well, Loria and KC's owner (can't remember) have a long history of throttling down the budget well below what the market might support. Pitt is just poor I think. Mets are just historically stupid. Year after year. :P

Well, Loria and KC's owner (can't remember) have a long history of throttling down the budget well below what the market might support. Pitt is just poor I think. Mets are just historically stupid. Year after year. :P

KC = David Glass.

Loria is also known to fire selling a winning WS team, which didn't earn him any respect from anybody in baseball.

Archived